•  
Advertise here

Registering a Car In UAE

Jeh

Can a Dubai resident register/buy a car in any other emirate other than Dubai? 

If yes are there any pros or cons to this? 

Also has anyone experienced visiting car showrooms in other emirates, how the service or salesmanship been? Cos in Dubai showrooms i have noticed the sales guys are not so entertaining and sometimes even rude. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know for a fact that even if you are a resident of another emirate you can register in Dubai, if you have a Ejari and electricity bill from Dubai. I think the opposite should work as well. Pros and cons would only depend on which Emirates give fine discounts more often. Other than that I don't think it makes any difference which emirate your vehicle is registered. Of yes, some consider it as a prestige if the car is from Abu Dhabi or Dubai compared to the other Emirates.

• Like (+1) 1

and the number from uaq have a shady reputation....

the opposite works if you have land ownership paper or home contract or a visa from the same emirate based on these you can get the number plates

• Like (+1) 1

@Jeh in 2001 I bought my Toyota Echo from Al Futtaim Motors in Abu Dhabi because they were 10% cheaper. No hassles, I had to go to Abu Dhabi showroom once to pay down payment. Car was registered in Dubai and handed to me from Dubai showroom.

• Like (+1) 1

@Jeh sorry I read the querry wrong the first time.

To add to what Rahim Bhai said, I was an Abu Dhabi resident when I bought my Pajero from Habtoor Ajman. So it's perfectly normal. The only hiccup I faced was that they mentioned to me that to do the registration in Abu Dhabi would take 2 additional days as they would have to coordinate with Habtoor AUH. So I went to the muroor and got the number plates done my self.

I think that all the car sales people across the Emirates have the same behaviour, where you can either buy it or leave it. Not yet met a good car sales guy.

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 1

beware of used car guys getting it done as they might slip you a chassis repaired thing in disguise

had a customer come in awhile ago he had bought this jeep a not so late model from a showroom somewhere sharjah for really bad vibration

when we checked we noticed that the front chassis was just cut and paste and the work was also real bad not a professional one. when we took it for the chassis guys to take a look they said the work had to be done again and this guy had bought it 3 days ago and the paperwork was completely taken care of by this showroom guy guess he used connections to get it passed. 

i said him to take the car back and return it as he had got it bit expensive and would cost more to fix. later on i heard that he had taken the matter to police and the showroom guy and those who did the passing were in trouble....

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use