•  
Advertise here

Dealing with tailgaters - solution

Barry

9 hours ago, desertdude said:

Jeeps can't drive fast enough to tailgate anyone without shaking themselves to bits.

It wasnt the case for me. My suspensions was very stiff. I was driving 140 Sharjah to Dubai with changing 3 lanes. 

@shadow79 i wasnt tailgating :D i was driving trough, like no one in front of me. When they see the huge beast is coming like that, they were moving. 

Now with Mercedes, my driving habit is changed, i am like our superman @Rahimdad these days. 

• Like (+1) 1

I normally dont give way if im cruising at the same speed as mentioned on the road sign but depends on the vehicle you need to give respect. and if its a abu-dhabi number plate vehicle tail gating God bless him ...........................😊.

Unfortunately the reality of this place is what you are driving that leads to how many times you get tail gated and flashed at.

Recently I was driving someone's new rented Sunny and in that short drive I got flashed and honked at more than I would care to remember. 

Even hiace vans amd canter pickups were coming up to my rear flashing and honking. 

This never happens in my own car, even patrols and cruisers if ever will slowly creep behind and maybe after a while give a quick polite dip of the headlights at worse. More like a camera flash and not be breathing down your neck honking and blaming full beam headlights like when I was in the sunny!

• Like (+1) 1

@sertac while tailgating a tiida you pushed that guys trunk up in the rear seat but sure you wasnt tailgating it was just he came in your way...☺️

those big flashy cars think they own the road but it ain't like that the occasional crazy ones teach them the lesson ☺️ 

43 minutes ago, shadow79 said:

@sertac while tailgating a tiida you pushed that guys trunk up in the rear seat but sure you wasnt tailgating it was just he came in your way...☺️

those big flashy cars think they own the road but it ain't like that the occasional crazy ones teach them the lesson ☺️ 

Actually we were turning right. I thought he already move and when i was looking my left i moved. Than bommm. Sedan tiida became hatchback tiida.

• Haha (+1) 1