•  
Advertise here

2007 camry 4 cylinder needs filter to be changed

Guys need your advice on changing in cabin air filter with new one,checked the ones i have its all black and creates a foul smell when turned on,likewise need the air filter in engine bay to be changed as well as there is hesitation in acceleration,the garage i do my work claimed to have done all work couple of months back and i found out from in cabin air filter conidtion that is not true,could you advice me where i can get these both replaced with new ones with substantially less money.

You can easily get these parts at any of the Toyota spare part shops (which are plenty) and get them changed by yourself. It's very simple. Infact your owner's manual would contain the information on how to replace them. 

The cabin air filter is behind the glove box compartment of the front passenger side.

The foul smell could be due to dirt build up on the evaporator. For that I would suggest that once you change the air filter run the AC on full heating mode for 10 minutes. That should remove most of the bacteria and remove the foul smell. Was a quick fix on my car. If you want to do a full clean then you need to get an evaporator cleaner which comes in an aerosol can and try to sort it on the evaporator.

if its really full of gunk then even the filter change or the spray trick won't do you will have to tear down the dash and get the evap out and leave it in the tub of soap solution so the gunk will loosen up after that give it a full wash and fix it back in and recharge the system....

A lot of nasty stuff can live in AC systems, legionnaires for example. 

There are cans of AC disinfectant you can buy. Just follow the instructions, usually spray it in the air intake along the outside of the windscreen.  Usually works. Depends how blocked up the system is. If it’s just stinky, it should do the trick. 

7D4977A7-FE38-46CA-B8DB-A912606D967B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1