•  

"Dawn to Dark" Sweihan Desert Drive

Asif Hussain

@Rahimdad mentioned everything about the drive and left nothing for me to say and i still like to share some of my experience. This was my dream come true drive. Initially i planned our drive to DOME BOWL area in first half and to NAQRAH hill in second half and to my surprise i came to know that dome bowl area is restricted to enter from the only break in fence as shown in google map. (Going to dome bowl area is still my dream and i will definitely do some homework in future and see if there is any other route to explore this area if it is legal to go to there.) Finally we changed our plan three days before the drive day to explore first half and second half of the day in naqrah area only.

We all met on time and after a quick chat and safety briefing we started to explorer the dunes. As per my plan "A" we explored few set of dunes in the morning hours and exited for friday prayer and lunch. My plan "B" was to enter from the same area we entered in morning and to do different set of dunes and drive to naqrah hills. But we changed our plan to plan "H" :) and enter from other side which is back side of sweihan city. We drove to some farms, some small set of dunes and few kms of straight mud track which took us to the dunes were we wanted to go. Then the real fun began we all drove with pace and explored all huge dunes and bowls that came on our way. The only thing stopped us is the sun. The sun went down and "Dawn to Dark" ended with big smile on everyone's face. 

Thank you @EmVarlet @Gaurav @skumar83 @Rahimdad for all your support and making this drive possible. Drive safe and see you all again at Al Wagan.

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use