•  
Advertise here

TOYOTA CAMRY MILEAGE

Guys, How much mileage should I get for Toyota Camry 2015. My Toyota Camry 2015 (Limited) give only 7- 8 kms per liter. I have good service history with Toyota Service Center (SHJ). Just 1 time with Dynatrade. I discussed this with Toyota Service advisor, who told many customers have such complaints regarding Camry. I discussed with Toyota and Dynatrade (SHJ) service advisor regarding this mileage issue and about tuning the engine. They told they couldn't help much, as everything is automatic. When I asked Taxi drivers, they are saying they get 15 kms/litre. I drive during traffic hours from shj to dxb n bck with rare use of air condition. Any suggestions on how to get good mileage? or any workshop / mechanic who can tune up the engine to get good mileage??

Stop and go traffic and city mileage is totally different than driving on the highway. No mechanic or car company can change that as if you drive at lower than 30-40 kmph speed any car in the world will consume more fuel. In my Range, I have instantaneous fuel consumption option and while playing with that I noticed, that if I am on a highway at 120 speed it consumes from 10-12 L/100 (10 KMPL) but if I am in the city or in stop and go traffic below 40 kmph speed it consumes from 20 - 25 L/100 (4-5 KMPL).

The only thing you can do is plan your brakes well in advance and don't hit instant acceleration, so soft braking and soft start can better the fuel mileage "little bit". Alternatively, you can change your route if its possible.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

7 to 8 sounds just about right for a 2.5 litre petrol engine in peak traffic conditions.
Couple of things you can do. 

1. Check tyre pressures in the cold and have them 2psi above recommended 

2. Clean air filter and fuel injectors and see if there is a difference.

3. Learn to drive an automatic economically

Watch this: 

Note: Key is to use as little throttle (accelerator) as possible. 
Accelerate as gently as possible.
Light throttle. Let transmission move to higher gears as quickly as it can and let it stay there. No abrupt braking and throttles, if they can be avoided.

• Like (+1) 2

I have driven a 2009 camry and the mileage in stop and go traffic is about 8 km per litre. In a mix of city and highway you can get about 11 km per litre and in highway with cruise control you will get  about 14-15 km per litre.

Like stig mentioned a lot has to do based on your driving style. I started driving like an old granny with very light acceleration and cruising around highways at 90 km per hour, and I have been able to increase the mileage by about 25% compared with an earlier slightly aggressive driving style.

• Like (+1) 1

is it 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder one...? do you have any check engine light on..? along with what @stig asked

and rush hour driving means you coming all the way in mostly 1st or 2nd gear so high consumption is normal

Can't help much cos of the traffic, any car would be using a lot of fuel at stationary traffic.

I own a camry 2005 v4 model, american specs. Full tank costs 150dh and drives about 530-560kms in city mixed with highway.

But only highway rides go up about 100kms totaling at about 650kms on a full tank.

I have tried various fuel injectors and they have only given about a 50-60kms bonus.

I tried 95 and 98 petrol but didn't get a noticeable difference on the 98.

Tyre pressure is quite important and ofcourse your own driving style matters a lot as said above.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

When you are driving in the city traffic where you face constant ‘stop & go’ traffic, there isn’t much you can do about it. Although the city mileage and highway mileage differs, it is important to know a few issues about city traffic. One thing you can do to get more mileage is not to hit instant acceleration. On top of that, you should apply soft braking and soft start for better mileage. This way Camry Hybrid mileage can be improved.