•  

Gaurav

As far as anyone drives sensibly and not recklessly - driving and kicking tires in 2WD and endangering others and his own life, I don't think authorities will have an issue with that.

Our high-level drives include the difficult terrains but still, we drive sensibly and adhere to all safety aspects and always point out drivers when they are two-wheeling on top of dunes. Hope you remember that ;-)

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Secondly, all of our cars are street legal and fully inspected and passed by RTA for roadworthiness and not running any special fuel, twin turbo's, max boost etc. like in desert challenge cars.

Well I've just heard Shj Police has blocked off Maliha, Fahya and Bidayer for off road use and will impound for good any vehicle that is "modified" and according to the text in the pic it includes headers and aftermarket air filters 

Image may contain: sky, nature and outdoor

To be honest i am worried. Also i received a video from Emmanuel yesterday, they were blocking the approaching point of Faya.

We have a saying in Turkey. You might be a wet wood but when the dry wood start burning you will also get burn with it. 

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, sertac said:

We have a saying in Turkey. You might be a wet wood but when the dry wood start burning you will also get burn with it. 

Very nice saying

Well for Faya, it's nothing is clear whether they are digging a gully for cable or for restricting people to climb.

Either way, I'm actually happy as last few times I visited Faya and realize that now it has an abnormal crowd from any of the last year that people were sitting on the whole outline and on the base of Faya dune. This place has gone crazy overtime to attract 5000 people instead of 500 people during winter - literally 10x crowd.

Sitting on the outline (ridge) should be banned, as it's risky for them and plus when a crazy driver sees so many spectators they do even more crazy stunts to be a superstar.

@desertdude whenever such incident happens, there is some reaction from the authorities and then that reaction gets multiplied by rumors more than often. Sharjah Police clearly mentioned below violations and nothing for filter, exhaust or turbo. If the car has a valid number plate then it should be good enough to venture anywhere safely without being reckless, crazy or simply stupid.

And even RTA is not really bad as much as people scream and shout for exhaust. I'm running freeflow exhaust with reasonable noise in Pajero and for 5 years it gets passed without any issue. My Mustang had Borla hushflow and it always got passed without any issue. RTA concern is outrageously loud exhaust and they do have certain decibel level test at full throttle, every passing I see them revving my Pajero and then tick the check mark. At the end of the day RTA also has humans and their main concern is safety + no annoyance to others. I live in Warqa and hear all sort of crazy sounding cars, quads and bikes revving in the middle of the night and realize why RTA being strict so that people can sleep peacefully.

image.png

Think of it as a blessing in disguise, there are so many nice areas to drive in, why would anyone want to drive in those chewed up off road fish market in the first place 

Even when I was actively involved in off roading I avoided these faya, maliya big red fish markets.

A zillion fools descend on these and shit is bound to happen. 

P.S : Im just translating the text in the pic, nothing else. Although source of that info is unverified.

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, desertdude said:

Think of it as a blessing in disguise, there are so many nice areas to drive in, why would anyone want to drive in those chewed up off road fish market in the first place 

Totally agree, you call it a fish market and I call these gold souq and meena bazaar

• Like (+1) 1

Another brilliant move by authorities to control reckless drivers in most common offroading areas in Sharjah.

WELL DONE

https://gulfnews.com/uae/crime/officials-flatten-sand-dunes-to-check-reckless-off-roaders-1.60626369

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use