•  
Advertise here

Camry 2005 axle repair. Please advise.

Dr-A

On 11/26/2018 at 7:14 PM, shadow79 said:

i know the axels new are very expensive and aftermarket will not last so we usually advise the customers to better buy used japanese axles both will come at around 550 to 650 and it will last you a good time

Sorry to be a pedant. Not all aftermarket parts are junk. Cheap pattern aftermarket parts are junk. Some aftermarket parts are higher quality than OEM. You need to do you research before buying. I recently built a mustang, all aftermarket parts, nothing original other than glass, and it runs a quarter mile 4 seconds than standard and hasn’t broken down yet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Call these three guys and ask, or you can even post your query on their business listing page

Simply use a search button with Toyota - go to advanced search and filter business listing with used scrapyard subcategory

image.png

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Sorry to be a pedant. Not all aftermarket parts are junk. Cheap pattern aftermarket parts are junk. Some aftermarket parts are higher quality than OEM. You need to do you research before buying. I recently built a mustang, all aftermarket parts, nothing original other than glass, and it runs a quarter mile 4 seconds than standard and hasn’t broken down yet. 

The thing with Japanese cars in this market is its either the original bits from the dealer or authorized sellers or total junk fake crap. Like 5dh oil filters and 20dh brake pads if you get my jist. 

With European and American brands you have good after market parts most of the time its actually OEM parts just in the company who produces the parts for the manufacturer owns packaging but with a much cheaper price tag. 

For example from the top of my head Like Textar who do the OEM brake pads for the Range Sport or you could pay a lot more and get the same Textar pads in a Land Rover box. The pads themselves still have the Textar logo on them.

from last year i am seeing a shift in the scrap market shop names remain the same but the management or there owner is changing or shifting somewhere else so its just a toss salad there 

sajja and ind. 6 is good for toyota and lexus just need keen eyes and the japanese parts will speak for themselves

there is not much margin there thats why the good quality aftermarket ones can't stay competitive with the originals in asian market that why the small mushrooms of cheap thailand and china is really doing good in this area

the customer is always willing to pay less sometimes even knows that he is cutting on quality/durability

i usually get to hear do char mahena to chalega na (it'll atleast run 2 or 4 months)

or the bach donga gaadi(gonna sell car)

but the aftermarket performance market of select models is running great as in any other market as they are always expensive then the dealer part....

Edited by shadow79
more info

8 hours ago, desertdude said:

The thing with Japanese cars in this market is its either the original bits from the dealer or authorized sellers or total junk fake crap. Like 5dh oil filters and 20dh brake pads if you get my jist. 

With European and American brands you have good after market parts most of the time its actually OEM parts just in the company who produces the parts for the manufacturer owns packaging but with a much cheaper price tag. 

For example from the top of my head Like Textar who do the OEM brake pads for the Range Sport or you could pay a lot more and get the same Textar pads in a Land Rover box. The pads themselves still have the Textar logo on them.

I agree with this. What you get in terms of aftermarket quality depends as much on the market you are operating in, as it does on the make and model you are buying aftermarket spares for. For instance, in my market, I will not find aftermarket Mustang spares for love or any amount of money, while high quality CV joints for Camry's are available from any spares shop.If I wanted Mustang spares,I have to get them from a Ford dealer and wait several months for them to arrive, or import them myself. 

Edited by treks
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, treks said:

I agree with this. What you get in terms of aftermarket quality depends as much on the market you are operating in, as it does on the make and model you are buying aftermarket spares for. For instance, in my market, I will not find aftermarket Mustang spares for love or any amount of money, while high quality CV joints for Camry's are available from any spares shop.If I wanted Mustang spares,I have to get them from a Ford dealer and wait several months for them to arrive, or import them myself. 

Yeah I assume there arn't that many Mustangs in SA, so people don't stock the bits. But the thing is this place is crawling with jap eco boxes. But without sounding insulting and stereotyping people, people who drive said jap eco boxes are the kind who are really careful with their money to say it politely, vehicles are just transport white goods to them or they have bought them second hand at dirt cheap prices and don't want to spend a penny more on them than needed to get them back on the road. Even if the patch up job is going to last a couple of months at most. 

Also a big factor here is people not doing so well economically and living paycheck to paycheck, and get dragged into buying these jap eco boxes because of the general impression people have here of excellent MPG and dirt cheap repairs, When something goes wrong on the said abused and hack job patched up jap lemon they just bought,  they really can't afford any decent repairs as they just can't afford a one time proper fix, But can afford cheap fixes a few times a years. So parts people just stock the real ass end cheap bits, So the vicious cycle of crapped out old jap eco box lemons and shitty aftermarket junk parts continues.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, desertdude said:

Yeah I assume there arn't that many Mustangs in SA, so people don't stock the bits. But the thing is this place is crawling with jap eco boxes. But without sounding insulting and stereotyping people, people who drive said jap eco boxes are the kind who are really careful with their money to say it politely, vehicles are just transport white goods to them or they have bought them second hand at dirt cheap prices and don't want to spend a penny more on them than needed to get them back on the road. Even if the patch up job is going to last a couple of months at most. 

Also a big factor here is people not doing so well economically and living paycheck to paycheck, and get dragged into buying these jap eco boxes because of the general impression people have here of excellent MPG and dirt cheap repairs, When something goes wrong on the said abused and hack job patched up jap lemon they just bought,  they really can't afford any decent repairs as they just can't afford a one time proper fix, But can afford cheap fixes a few times a years. So parts people just stock the real ass end cheap bits, So the vicious cycle of crapped out old jap eco box lemons and shitty aftermarket junk parts continues.

I was wondering about why people would even consider fitting used driveshafts,but this response puts the issue in perspective for me. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, treks said:

I was wondering about why people would even consider fitting used driveshafts,but this response puts the issue in perspective for me. 

Not all used driveshafts are fully used. I have recently bought a half cut Japanese Pajero with 68K on the odometer, still, most of the parts are in good nick and fully usable.

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Not all used driveshafts are fully used. I have recently bought a half cut Japanese Pajero with 68K on the odometer, still, most of the parts are in good nick and fully usable.

Maybe so, but the thing with buying parts from scrapyards is that you just don't know what you are getting. Sometimes you are lucky and a part lasts for a while, and sometimes you are not lucky, and a part fails within days, or as I have seen on occasion, within hours. It's a bit like gambling, really.  

• Like (+1) 2