•  

Range Rover Liwa crossing in just over 10 hours.

Rahimdad

With the season on and a Liwa drive closer than we can imagine, time to gear up to the challenge. Mentally and physically for us humans and mechanically sound for our machines. The video posted is by professionals and for advertisement purpose, should not be tried by anyone without all the preparation and help. They only show what is good about the car and a lot of sand splashing but not the complete picture. Still felt like sharing as it is one of our favorite terrain.

Of course anything for brand marketing LR's. No doubt Range Rover is very good offroader but showing that they are the only one leaves me to replicate same in lesser time.

Doing 95% track on flat or on dunes, AWD Rav4 can do that and doing few sideys to splash sand even LS430 can do that.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Oh this seems like a very old video from 2013, but I love some of the comments made, seems from true offroaders or genuine LR users

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

My ex boss Peter Gladstone was running the chase vehicle on this, it is what is as mentioned,as I have worked on similar projects myself, let say you can design an obstacle or off road course to make even a rav4 a very mean capable vehicle and vice versa, so yeah mostly marketing hype. 

2 minutes ago, desertdude said:

My ex boss Peter Gladstone was running the chase vehicle on this, it is what is as mentioned,as I have worked on similar projects myself, let say you can design an obstacle or off road course to make even a rav4 a very mean capable vehicle and vice versa, so yeah mostly marketing hype. 

Please get me the track, if you can

1 minute ago, Gaurav said:

Please get me the track, if you can

This video is very old just when they introduced the new sport, and knowing peter he's old skool and doesn't rely on GPS or tracks and as far as I know this area with the star dunes is off limits and on the Saudi side of the border. 

24 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

Can we get the track of this exact crossing....?

We can't do his track, this fellow crossed empty quarter from Saudi Arabia to UAE. He had done 900km track. Helicopters was flying around him with all supplies.

Since we attempted Liwa crossing Iast year i have been working for a track and I am almost ready with that. We can do this exploration drive when all are ready. 

Screenshot_20181126-131332_Geo Tracker.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Asif Hussain said:

this fellow crossed empty quarter from Saudi Arabia to UAE. He had done 900km track. Helicopters was flying around him with all supplies.

What is the source of this info Asif bhai.....? 

Important Information

Terms of use