•  
Advertise here

" Error DC" on Pajero Sound system display

Hi,

I drive a Pajero 3.8l 2010 model with Rockford sound system. Today while starting the car, i heard a pop sound from my speakers and then noticed a message "Error DC" on the display of the sound system. There was no sound coming from the speakers and all the buttons on the radio where not functioning. After a couple of minutes some of the buttons started functioning but there was no sound. I turned off the vehicle for a minute and restarted. The same issue. However the bluetooth microphone was working all the while.

At the gas station I turned off my vehicle for a few minutes and then restarted the car, and things were working back as normal. Since then I restarted the car a couple of times and have had no issues.

But I was wondering if this "Error DC" is a warning sign that something in the audio system might break down very soon and should I be taking some precaution? Anyone experienced this issue before?

Edited by skumar83
  • Like (+1) 2

Error DC means there’s a short circuit somewhere. Could be a problem with a speaker or the head unit itself. If it isn’t happening regularly it will be hard to track down. If it is happening a lot, you can start by disconnecting the speakers one by one and see which one is causing the problem. If it still happens after that, it’s probably the head unit. At the minute, there’s not a lot you can do about it. Did water get in anywhere with the rain lately? Something to look at. 

• Like (+1) 3

I'm guessing with an upgraded sound system on the top line jero, you probably have a factory fitted amp somewhere too. Have a look around that too. See everything is plugged in properly. Check all audio related fuses too. 

• Like (+1) 1

An update, this morning again when I started the car I got a Error DC message. After driving for about 20 mins, I stopped and turned on the car, that time the radio was again working fine. Is it a case of some moisture ingress which disappears after some time?

• 4 months later...

@Srikumar are you still facing this problem ?  My Wife's 2008 Pajero has the same issue popping up today.

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It's because of the rain. I think there is some condensation happening. But for the past few months this issue was not there for me. Even today I got the same error. 

Ask your wife to run the car for 10 mins and then restart. The issue gets resolved

• Thanks (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

If it's confirmed issue, then remove the head unit and wrap it up with all weather tape or sticky heat shield

image.png.53bd614777897a0d2604d509575af34b.png

The head-unit needs proper cooling, so wrapping it up is not the smartest thing to do. From what i've been reading the DC Error is either coming from:

1) Loose or improper power supply to the unit. I need to verify fuses and grounding + connectors.

2) Shortcircuit in speakers or speaker-wiring. There are lots of them, even in the backdoor. So again i'll need to open each one of them, measure them out, and check wiring.

Edited by Frederic
  • Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."