•  
Advertise here

The Only One In The World

Jeh

12 hours ago, Barry said:

Why though? I genuinely don’t get it. Why wouldn’t you rather have a fast car with a lower fuel consumption than a slow car that drinks fuel other than the benefit of saying my engine is bigger than yours. 

You see you just don't get it. Just being fast isnt a priority to me at all. It's how you get to 100 or 200 and how you stay there is more important for me. 

With a silky smooth motor you are gently taken there and then when you reach there you waft along on a nice quite comfortable magic carpet-esque cushion of air.

In the euroweenies and jap rice cakes  with soda bottle sized engines with a dozen turbos strapped on screaming like stuck pigs and rattling so hard you feel its going to shake itself to pieces. 

That is the difference. Just raw stupid speed is no quality at all. That you can get by strapping a a 3cyl to a wheeled office chair and it would be fast too.

So whenever you make any reference why would anyone want something like so and so when a smaller tin car with a chainsaw motor go more fast at 1/10th of a price just wants to make me roll my eyes! 

11 hours ago, Barry said:

Let’s see the bentayga heading across the empty quarter towards liwa. Then I will be impressed. A Chevy lumina would do the route in that video. 

Search my posts I've already posted videos of my safari days colleague Marshall taking the Bentayga through its paces in the desert here. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Barry said:

Also to add, Jaguar XJ12. 6.0 litre engine. Only made 158 BHP. Worshipped by everyone but the flagship Ford at the time was making double that with a third of the cylinders. Try to see the bigger package. 

Another one of those eye roll moments. Not everyone just wants to go fast. Trying to compare the character, opulence, luxury, comfort, street cred, styling of a Jag XJ with that of a Ford bucket. It's not even in the apple and oranges ballpark range.

Maybe if everything was measured in just one category, speed. 

• Like (+1) 1

I am with @desertdudeon this issue. I have built all sorts of engines in my time- from screaming chainsaw engines that needed massive turbos to get up to speed, to my favorites, the LS series engines that effortlessly deliver massive amounts of power at barely above idle RPM's. In my opinion and experience, there is nothing to beat the effortless power of a well-built and tuned V8, and in fact, some of the screaming chainsaws I've built used considerably more fuel at high engine speeds than almost any LS I've built running at any engine speed.  

In practice, there are only two ways for any small-displacement engine to make more power- one is to add more fuel, and the other is to make hugely expensive modifications and then to add even more fuel to make the mods work. Both scenarios affect reliability in the worst possible way. 

By way of contrast, no modern V8 engine needs major modifications to bring about significant power increases. While most LS engines can be heavily modified, these sorts of mods are almost always done for serious competition applications, which mere mortals like us can't afford to engage in anyway. Therefore, a few simple programming tweaks and maybe an exhaust mod are usually enough to make a modern V8 outperform almost any screaming chainsaw engine in almost any vulgar street racer, while using less fuel than the smaller engine, to boot. 

And yes, I still hate cars, and not everything is about speed.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Honda S2000 is hooligan type of car. Things you can do with it is totally different than Ferrari or any other big engine cars. It is not meant for UAE. If i drive one here i will got jail. 

• Haha (+1) 1