•  
Advertise here

The Only One In The World

Jeh

8 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

I would love to see you doing this on the first day you get your license here. 

Ill arrange any car you name it, be it  V12,13,15, 16.....!

I’m the only person I know who has passed 5 driving tests due to licence confiscations. Maybe you’re daring the wrong person?

Thats all over now. Maybe. Not saying I’m averse to doing 300kph on a quiet road or drifting a quiet corner.

I’ll take you up on your challenge if you pay the fines.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

Grumpy old man stuff aside, there’s no denying the S2000 is impressive for what it is, a small convertible, especially considering it was released in 1999. 250 bhp from a N/A 2.0 4 pot, hits 9k rpm reliably all day long. RWD, 50/50 weight distribution, handles like a dream. 

Broaden your horizons man. I love a nice burbly V8 as much as the next guy but there’s a whole other world out there. 

You see, I don't care for any of that. So its a V8 for me all day long even if it is producing 120hp. Than a tiny jap rice cake or eurowenier with a lawn mower motor making a zillion hp. 

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Barry said:

I’m the only person I know who has passed 5 driving tests due to licence confiscations. Maybe you’re daring the wrong person?

Thats all over now. Maybe. Not saying I’m averse to doing 300kph on a quiet road or drifting a quiet corner.

I’ll take you up on your challenge if you pay the fines.

Why though? I genuinely don’t get it. Why wouldn’t you rather have a fast car with a lower fuel consumption than a slow car that drinks fuel other than the benefit of saying my engine is bigger than yours. 

P.S : Im really starting to fancy the Merc W220 V12 nowadays. So you never know. Yup that's me, I like big cars with big motors 

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I would love to see you doing this on the first day you get your license here. 

Ill arrange any car you name it, be it  V12,13,15, 16.....!

And that will also be the last day he has his License here. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Barry said:

It might be a V12, I have a car with a W16 in the shop at the minute. Numbers don’t impress me. It’s not the number of cylinders or engine capacity, it’s what you do with it that counts. It can easily turn into a willy waving contest, mine is bigger than yours etc, but if you’re not going to pull the handbrake and drift it round the world trade centre like a boss, what’s the point?

The smaller cars with better power to weight ratio deserve more respect. What’s the point in having a million horsepower unless you can use it on track?

The W16 you have, is it a VW Toureg, I heard about it, but have not seen one in UAE yet?

38 minutes ago, desertdude said:

P.S : Im really starting to fancy the Merc W220 V12 nowadays. So you never know. Yup that's me, I like big cars with big motors 

And that will also be the last day he has his License here. 

I was young and stupid before, now I’m old and stupid. Theres a time and a place to have fun and smoke tyres. SZR isn’t the place, an abandoned desert road is. Once you realise that, it all makes sense. 

28 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

The W16 you have, is it a VW Toureg, I heard about it, but have not seen one in UAE yet?

It’s a Bentley but it is a VW engine. It’s basically 2 VW VR6 heads stuck together on a common block with 2 ecus. Real fun thing to drive. You slip into the comfy seats and think it’s a luxobarge but when you put your foot down, it blows your mind. I raced it in a 4.6 Lexus one day, I was in the Lexus  (on a private road for legal sake) and the Lexus couldn’t even keep up with it. Lot of fun though, the Bentley went everywhere with its 4wd and the Lexus was sliding on every corner.