•  

Hatta to Shawka Mountain Exploration - 14 Dec 2018

Gaurav

Get ready for real mountain exploration drive, without the tarmac road and still reach some awesome viewpoint on top of Hatta Mountain range that span from Hatta Dam to Wadi Shawka. I have done this route almost 10 years ago and just found the old waypoints for entry and exits. If they are still accessible then we are in for a great surprise as drive up to the top will test your mountain climbing skills, 4x4 handling, low gear power, braking and starting on a steep incline with slipping stones and sweaty palms.

Plan to start from Al Munay area on Sharjah-Kalba road and detour towards Qur and then start climbing up and reach to the top and have some amazing views of UAE on one side and Oman on another side. We plan to end the descend near Buraq dam and visit that place if water still there.

I also have plan B and C, in case if an above plan fails and that's why I'm calling it an exploration drive.

When: 14 Dec 2018

Meeting time: 1:00 PM, a convoy will move sharply at 01:15 PM

Where: Al Munay's Mosque 

GPS Coordinate: https://goo.gl/maps/sUpbcCpQo492

Level of a drive: Fewbie - Intermediate  All level

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance

image.png

image.png

Please RSVP on the Calendar

• Like (+1) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Hi. I am a member of Carnity but i did not drive yet with the club.

Can i join the mountain drive on 14 dec ?

I realy want this as I have previous experience from my home country and until now only desert sand driving trips posted and completed with Emirates Offroaders, AD4x4 and Oryx 4x4 in Abu Dhabi.

Sorry... Forgot to mention. My name is Vali and I drive a Mitsubishi with low range and rear diff. lock. Thank you

Wow, there seems to be so much interest on mountain drive that we should add such excursion more often now.

As many of you know that we have recently set up a grading structure to rank every offroader so that he/she can join on suitable drives as per their experience with Carnity Offroad Club. This is purely for safety reason and for improvising the user experience than the newbie level joins the intermediate drive or vice versa and end up feeling out of place.

Having said that, the route I selected is definitely not fit for the first-time mountain offroader, as it requires some precise control to climb up on loose gravel and boulder path. Too fast might cause damage to the vehicle and too slow might slip backward. This challenge will multiply on turnings even tougher and you need great control to stop and start the vehicle without slipping on steep incline and decline.

I truly understand that some of you have had previous experience and feel quite confident in such terrain, but my humble request is to wait for newbie level mountain drive to join so that we can rate and evaluate your experience.

Secondly, this is an exploration drive and my 10-year-old waypoint might be blocked as it was too close to the border fence or inaccessible due to rain or weather conditions. Although I do have Plan B - Wadi Shawka river bed loop and Plan C - Wadi Sfini crossing in the nearby area, but I cannot guarantee if all these routes will be accessible or not.

@WiLfY and @Vali If you are confident for such an area and ready for an "exploration drive" where things might not go completely as per plan, please do join.

@BIG T and @Emil if you have previous experience of mountain drive please join, or else wait for newbie level trip.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for the clarification @Gaurav; I would have happily joined and probably got myself stuck or sliding down a steep slope somewhere :-). Please do not hesitate to organize a newbie (or drive-you-do-after-you’ve-done-a-newbie-drive-with-all-the-first-time-instructions) mountaindrive for @BIG T and me to join soon!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Thanks @Gaurav bhai for your clarification. It is not only the driver comfortably but also comfortability of Marshal or Crew with the driver's capability, patience and keeping a cool head in all situations. Grades are there not only to self access and know where you stand, but also for us to know you and your driving capability better. Would recommend you join a few newbie drives so the we can evaluate and understand you better if you have already driven with other clubs before joining a Fewbie or above drive.

• Like (+1) 1

Wow @Gaurav @Rahimdadi can see a lot of new members and their Pajeros in the group now.

excellent contribution from @BIG Tand @jibransayed its always nice to see your name on the list.

waiting to unleash my beast after im back from my annual leave in Jan 2019 i guess.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use