•  
Advertise here

Mercedes EV that runs on AA batteries

desertdude

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t the Tesla cars just run on a load of 51650s linked together, which is basically a glorified AA? If you’re using your head, you should be able to find the bad cells and solder new ones in. 

I have a 1/2” battery impact wrench. Stopped working. A replacement battery pack was 400dhs and 3 week wait from the uk. I took it apart and tested it. Ended up soldering in 2 51650s from a dragon mart vape and it was good as new. 

Cant wait until these cars are classed as “old” and I can have a play around. No carbs, no EFI, no fuel pumps, no ignition systems. Just a battery, a motor and a fancy tablet screen, maybe a set of brushes or an armature here and there. It all seems very simple and blown out of proportion due to lack of parts and wide scale training. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Barry said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but don’t the Tesla cars just run on a load of 51650s linked together

Yeah pretty much and they make such a big deal out of Tesla, probably uses more batteries than show in the parody too!