•  
Advertise here

Nissan Patrol- click click sound after starting the vehicle

Phil

Hi Guys,

Need some advice. I have a nissan patrol platinum 2015 model. When starting for the 1st time in morning everything is fine. After that when I start after a couple of hours, there is no problem with the ignition . Its all smooth starting but after that it gives out this sound which sounds like tak, tak tak... couple of times and them stops, which seems to come from the lower part of dashboard an. This varies from time to time . 

I feel it happens after i switch on the AC but not very sure as sometimes the sound comes in spite of not switching the AC. There is no other problem. The vehicle runs perfectly.

Suggestions welcome

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Phil. I guess the technical guys here might need a little more information to help you out. Happy New Year. Since its a 2015 model it should still be under warranty. Have you checked with Arabian Automobile?

When that tak tak noise comes, car start or its a just a self (starter motor) noise and car fail to turn the engine on.....? Maybe starter is dying, as they usually die such intermittent death like this.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

34 minutes ago, desertdude said:

If its within the dash could be a blend motor or blower

Probably this. Might be a little servo motor, or the flap or linkage. They’re incredibly sensitive. If it goes off by even one tooth the calibration gets messed up and it cycles back and forward. Good news is your car is new enough to run a diagnostic scan on the HVAC system so if there is a problem, the computer will tell you exactly where it is. If you have a proper computer. Might be as simple as removing the servo motor, turning it around a bit and screwing it back on. Scan it and see what comes up. I’ve got a copy of Consult software if you’re stuck. 

• Like (+1) 1