•  
Advertise here

Hello!

Per A

Hi

New here and kind of new to Dubai and the desert.

So im looking to get a 4x4 to get out and about in the area and start trying a new hobby, have always been an outdoor person so exploring the desert and mountains is going to be interesting.

But yes Im a complete newbie but have always been a petrolhead.

Regards

Per

• Like (+1) 2

Welcome @Per A to your extended family in the desert. You can sign up for any of the drives as a passenger till you get your own ride.

Just a few questions to further guide you for the best vehicle to serve you best. Are you looking for a 4x4 for desert use only, or are you planning to use one vehicle for both your on road and off road use? If 1 vehicle do you need a 2 seater, 5 seater or 7 seater? Are you looking to be regular, in which case as you graduate through the different levels you will either need upgrades as required or a vehicle more capable to take you through rougher terrains? Are you looking to buy a new one or used one?

Welcome again. A very Happy New Year to you and your family. Looking forward to have you on board.

• Like (+1) 3

Hi @Rahimdad Thanks for the heads up!

Right now im looking at used newer Pajero both for daily and desert,i know its a bit bigger than what i need but haven't had a big car so its also a bit "i want". :D  If i can find it a 3.8 otherwise a 3.5 just need to find one with the stuff i want.

And when some drive comes up i will jump on the chance to be a passenger!

Regards

Per

• Like (+1) 2

Good choice, Pajero can serve you well on and off road. I prefer the 3.8 liter engine, just the extra growl off road when you need it. For off road either remove the lower lip in the front and back or get a plate fixed so you don't face any problems off road. Looking forward to seeing you soon.

• Like (+1) 3

Happy New Year @Per A and welcome to Carnity and it's offroad club, as both are awesome. As a petrolhead, you will love Carnity and as an offroader, you will enjoy a lot with the offroad club.

Just like others, I will also vote for Xterra as the first option for daily driver + offroad due to its stock offroad capability. Second, comes FJC, third Prado and fourth will be Pajero and hell yes for 3.8 and not 3.5 if offroad is one of your main agenda.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Thanks for all the great advice, i have been looking at both Xterra and Pajero the other are a bit out f my price range as im looking for a newer model car.

The problem im finding is that the Xterra doesn't seem that common and there aren't that many available ad the Pajero that's at 13 to the dozen but mostly the 3.5

for now it looks interesting with offroading but i dont know what its like, have only ridden a few times, so the idea is get a "cheap" good car that has the possibility so i can test/learn and then get something better/dedicated if i like it. 

For that the Pajero 3.5 would work right or is the 3.8 a must?

Regards

Per

• Like (+1) 2