•  

Bidayer to Iftar Bowl - Fewbie Drive - 11 Jan 2019

Gaurav

After doing the relaxing newbie drives, I was after a bit more adrenaline and i clearly got what i asked for. Gaurav took us on an adventurous trip combining all key components of what fewbie level and up is all about: crisscrossing, side sloping, getting crested and recovered, redlining the car and squeezing to find that last little horse power in the engine. As I mentioned last night this drive kept me so busy mentally that half of the time I was not looking in my back mirrors for the car behind me. Definitely something I learned again is to keep enough distance between the cars at this higher pace but ALWAYS keep an eye on your buddy behind you (thanks Gaurav). Some of us got crested, myself included, but ALL kept a positive attitude, remained calm, and listened to our senior members and that is essential to the whole drive. Respect and thanks to everyone and looking forward to the next one !

• Like (+1) 7

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

Glad you enjoyed @Frederic Nuyttens and thanks for sharing your views. You have an absolutely beautiful way of expressing yourself. I'm becoming a big fan of your write-ups. Sorry I missed the drive due to having high fever, but thanks to all your prayers I'm much better now and looking forward to Liwa.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

It was a wonderful drive with a perfect mix of 4 fewbies and 4 senior members to take care and train the fewbie transition as smooth as possible. We started almost on time with little delay and assign the convoy numbering to have all fewbies spreading after each experienced member. Faced a tiny bit of challenge in Pyramids dunes, which is actually an intermediate level so lower the level back to fewbie and all were smiling and develop their confidence in no time. After a bit of playing in dunes with side sloping, ridge cutting and criss-crossing again I pushed the level up everyone performed good and enjoyed throughout. No serious issues happen except a couple of usual refusals and crest stuck closer to the Iftar bowl area. After reaching Iftar bowl we all took turns to try to reach on top from easy - difficult sides, few made it and others enjoy trying it out or watching the show.

After playing in Iftar bowl, we found a quiet spot nearby to lay our spread with enough food and drinks on the table to share our drive stories and experience. I love that all fewbies have learned something new and went home with more offroading knowledge.

@Javier M learned the reason of asking front or back heavy while doing crest recovery. @Frederic Nuyttens learned the art of leading by taking desert surprise in good faith. @hossein learned the art of crawling (blip-blip) and pop out fixing in jiffy. @Faizan khan learned to keep the pace with the convey and how to tame his heavy beast for such levels.

Thanks @NOOR OMAR for second lead and keeping everyone safe. Thanks @EmVarlet and @skumar83 for sweep duties and teaching fewbies with full commitment and dedication.

My images: https://carnity.com/gallery/category/106-bidayer-to-iftar-bowl-fewbie-drive-11-jan-2019

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

1 hour ago, Rahimdad said:

Glad you enjoyed @Frederic Nuyttens and thanks for sharing your views. You have an absolutely beautiful way of expressing yourself. I'm becoming a big fan of your write-ups. Sorry I missed the drive due to having high fever, but thanks to all your prayers I'm much better now and looking forward to Liwa.

Thanks @Rahimdad wish you a speedy recovery !

• Like (+1) 2

Thanks Gaurav bhai for your loverly comment and keep us safe through out the drive and I learn a lot with this drive it’s a mix drive to boost our confidence from Fewbie to intermediate in some extent,thanks to noor as a second lead. 

This experience give us more boost & confidence for upcoming drives. 

Thanks 

faizan 

Thanks to skumar bro and emvarlet

• Like (+1) 5

Dears @Gaurav @skumar83   thanks a lot for the leadership, also for the support @EmVarlet, I learned a lot from the few recent drives , not only with the crawling but a great improvement of self confidence, I can do it,  if there is any problem there is best leadership and support from our team, leading to the goal. @Rahimdad missed you on this drive buddy, thanks everyone for once again a terrific and challenging drive 💥💥💥💥

• Like (+1) 5

6 hours ago, hossein said:

Dears @Gaurav @skumar83   thanks a lot for the leadership, also for the support @EmVarlet, I learned a lot from the few recent drives , not only with the crawling but a great improvement of self confidence, I can do it,  if there is any problem there is best leadership and support from our team, leading to the goal. @Rahimdad missed you on this drive buddy, thanks everyone for once again a terrific and challenging drive 💥💥💥💥

Great video! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use