•  
Advertise here

2010 Cherokee speeding beep

Barry

When the car goes over 120, there is a constant annoying beeping warning that you’re overspeeding. Not much use when you get into a 140 zone. 

Any ideas how to turn it off other than taking the dash apart and stabbing the beep beep with a screwdriver? 

My dear friend John Google said to go to the dealer but it isn’t worth it for an 8 year old car. 

I have a copy of the software, if anyone know which parameters to edit that would be swell. 

Sorry to say but dear google is right, that you can only get that beep stopped through dealer software as its part of GCC spec and mandatory to have it locked so people and mechanics outside can't disable.

On the contrary, the dealership should push it to 140 as SZR legal speed is 140 now unlike 120+20 before. Worth a try.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

11 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Sorry to say but dear google is right, that you can only get that beep stopped through dealer software as its part of GCC spec and mandatory to have it locked so people and mechanics outside can't disable.

On the contrary, the dealership should push it to 140 as SZR legal speed is 140 now unlike 120+20 before. Worth a try.

Roads in Abu Dhabi like the Abu Dhabi - Al Ain road have 160kph speed limit signs now.
So, start beep point at 160kph.

52 minutes ago, stig said:

Roads in Abu Dhabi like the Abu Dhabi - Al Ain road have 160kph speed limit signs now.
So, start beep point at 160kph.

Yes, I have seen those 160 too briefly, but was not sure to mention if it's been legalized all the way or on certain few kms. Either way good point to justify your request to the dealership to bump the beep limit.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.