•  

How to Deflate your Tyres

Frederic

7 hours ago, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Installed these Fast Deflation tire vales - absolutely love it. In Formula Tires got them at 550AED with the installation

Deflating the tire in 15 sec (I normally do 2 meausures to catch the correct pressure, but in any case it takes another 5 sec per tire)

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 00.09.14.png

I noticed the original price at launch was close to 1000Aed. I like the concept and would hope it will withstand sand. Did you had to get the tyres balanced after installation?

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

I have seen these things sold by XXXXX and was at a point very much ready to buy these but settled for a less expensive version of them. I only tried them once and were not accurate. But the stem removal tool is honestly the best tool I have and makes me feels that dont need to spend anymore than that.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 12:14 AM, Ilya Golubinsky said:

Installed these Fast Deflation tire vales - absolutely love it. In Formula Tires got them at 550AED with the installation

Deflating the tire in 15 sec (I normally do 2 meausures to catch the correct pressure, but in any case it takes another 5 sec per tire)

Screen Shot 2021-02-10 at 00.09.14.png

@Ilya Golubinsky,

Thanks for the share. I got these fast deflation valves too, such a life saver😃 

Previously I used to remove the valve core stem, I did not mind waiting 40-50 seconds to remove the stem. But couple of times I had the issue of valve getting stuck. And with BFG's, its not easy to fix quickly. So I wanted an option to avoid valve core stem removal.

This was the perfect solution. Plus the deflation happens for my 285's in 10 seconds.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Got fitted rapid deflation valves today. Just 10 seconds per tyre to deflate now. They pressure up a bit quicker as well. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

PS: The Apex valves don’t work well with the petrol pump air compressors. It might not be a problem for most since all would have a compressor in the car and use it to inflate.

I have a OCD for the correct numbers on my dash and would visit them 1-2 times a week to make sure it is uniform, 😔

• 1 month later...

One more issue with the Apex deflators - they pressure out so fast that they condense the air in the tire as the air cools down rapidly, and it will show a lower pressure till the air inside the tire comes back to normal temperature.

So when I set the tire pressure to 12 psi, in the first instance in a minute or so it comes back to 14 psi. I do a couple of rounds to deflate back to 12 from around 14.

• Like (+1) 1

I use the stem removal tool I believe it’s the fastest especially when you get handy in it . And yes the point that @Goutam has mentioned is correct . For this reason I go to 9 or even 8.5 PSI especially in summer time and forget about it the whole trip . However still I do check when ever possible .. something that I can’t help 😄 and it’s never above my sweet 10 to 11 psi at end point !

Edited by M.Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3

• 5 months later...

After trying the rapid tyre deflator (brand Lele) and struggling a bit due to its unreliability, I'm now happy with the following simple deflators. I screw them in, 1 min, unscrew, and adjust the last 1-2psi manually, checking with the gauge.

image.png.f48ddf6a104a45b4d121802fd7145c5d.png

Plus, I have to say, they make a very fancy key holder 😄

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/3/2021 at 12:14 PM, Looper said:

One more issue with the Apex deflators - they pressure out so fast that they condense the air in the tire as the air cools down rapidly, and it will show a lower pressure till the air inside the tire comes back to normal temperature.

So when I set the tire pressure to 12 psi, in the first instance in a minute or so it comes back to 14 psi. I do a couple of rounds to deflate back to 12 from around 14.

515021159_tirepressuregauge.jpg.254d08224abc22212e4dec92aa30cfd4.jpg

I screw this gauge and then deflate while monitoring the pressure to 10 psi. normally when I stop I am at 11-12 psi after the tire gets back to normal air temp. and it is quick way of accurately deflating, with less chance of over/under deflation. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use