•  
Advertise here

120K service for Pajero

Hello everyone,

I recently got the 120K service done. Habtoor quoted me 3200 Aed for what they called as Major service for which they would basically be replacing all fluids in the car. Got it done outside for 1000 AED which covered

a) Engine Oil and filter - Total 5W30 Synthetic oil.

b) Differential oil change - front and rear

c) Coolant Change

d) Brake Oil Change(Toyota brand DOT 3)

e) All spark plugs were replaced by new ones (NGK Brand). Apparently some of them were changed earlier but I asked them to change all 6 of them.

f) Air filter replaced

The only things left out was the fuel filter and the oxygen sensor. For the fuel filter they asked me to come back again in 2 months and for oxygen sensor they informed me that it is not required. My query now would be that apart from the above list do I need to get any other thing inspected when I go back in 2 months for fuel filter. Another query is whether or not the fuel filter really needs to be changed at 120K?

Regards.

• Like (+1) 1

Oxygen sensor isn’t a service thing. Only needs changed if it isn’t working, which will bring on the engine warning light. 

Theres no harm in changing the fuel filter, check out this video of one I pulled out of a Bentley a while back. See how black the fuel is coming out. Fuel quality here isn’t the best. 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, vishlad702 said:

Hello everyone,

I recently got the 120K service done. Habtoor quoted me 3200 Aed for what they called as Major service for which they would basically be replacing all fluids in the car. Got it done outside for 1000 AED which covered

a) Engine Oil and filter - Total 5W30 Synthetic oil.

b) Differential oil change - front and rear

c) Coolant Change

d) Brake Oil Change(Toyota brand DOT 3)

e) All spark plugs were replaced by new ones (NGK Brand). Apparently some of them were changed earlier but I asked them to change all 6 of them.

f) Air filter replaced

The only things left out was the fuel filter and the oxygen sensor. For the fuel filter they asked me to come back again in 2 months and for oxygen sensor they informed me that it is not required. My query now would be that apart from the above list do I need to get any other thing inspected when I go back in 2 months for fuel filter. Another query is whether or not the fuel filter really needs to be changed at 120K?

Regards.

Hello, my Pajero just crossed 160K and the 40K service is due. Could you please help me with the garage you used for the service 

34 minutes ago, Wellfrog said:

Hello, my Pajero just crossed 160K and the 40K service is due. Could you please help me with the garage you used for the service 

Hi,

I stay in RAK so I can refer to Garages in RAK only. I doubt that would not be helpful.

Regards,

Vishnu

On 1/14/2019 at 6:33 PM, Barry said:

Oxygen sensor isn’t a service thing. Only needs changed if it isn’t working, which will bring on the engine warning light. 

Theres no harm in changing the fuel filter, check out this video of one I pulled out of a Bentley a while back. See how black the fuel is coming out. Fuel quality here isn’t the best. 

That scares me out. Looks like Crude oil.. Will have to get it done immediately.