•  
Advertise here

As we all know that RTA renewal for cars is for 12 months and insurance we get is for 13 months policy to cover the 1 extra month which RTA gives for a grace period. During this grace period, we can fix the failed car or compare the best insurance available in UAE.

I have been driving all my cars during that grace period without any worry, but recently heard some rumor that RTA is issuing a fine if they catch you driving with expired mulkia even in a grace period of the 13th month. RTA fines are ranging from 500 - 1000 Dhs.

Is it true? Has anyone got any fine by cops or scanner for driving a car (not parked) during the grace period....?

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

As i know its no problem driving during this period but on renewal time RTA will charge you daily from expiry date to renewal date AED 5 or 10 I'm not sure 

https://www.edarabia.com/dubai-police-traffic-fines/

Edited by hossein
  • Like (+1) 1

@Gaurav bhai, i too have been driving the same way for many years now. I renew the insurance and get the car passed and renew the registration in the 13th month and the only extra I pay is the AED 10 or 15 for the expired mulkiya. It is alarming if they are issuing fines in the accepted grace period by the authorities. It raises a question as to why we have to get 13 month insurance if they are going to fine you any ways?