•  
Advertise here

GPS Tracker System for Cars

Srikumar

Hi, 

Does anyone have any experience of installing GPS Trackers for their cars from purchase done on online stores. Any recommendations?

I am aware of the companies that install the tracking but they do it only for commercial vehicles. I need to install trackers on private vehicles.

Thanks

should be hard to fix them if you have a manual at hand to do the work and another one for the cars so you can differentiate which ones gonna be spliced...i recommend a competent electrician for this job who understands and knows his way around wirings @skumar83 please don't try that at home it will not be like that linkage thing you attempted ☺️☺️

Edited by shadow79
more info

If drivers have a smartphone with internet, then look for a life360 app. I used it extensively for tracking sales guys and it works amazingly well with detailed timing and map. You can record each employee data for 30 days and also mark their office and home location to get a ping when they report to work or reach home after work.

image.png

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Right Gaurav, One can use an Old android phone, insert a sim with a basic data plan. Load a suitable app (I used MyTackingOnline), create an account and leave the phone in a discreet place connected to a charging port in your car.

It worked well for me. The only cost is of the monthly data that you will use.

Edited by WiLfY

@shadow79 let me rephrase the question. There are lot of companies in UAE that provide a tracker system for a cost of approx AED 600  -  900 per annum. And also this limited to vehicles that are registered on company names only. They don't install for personal vehicles. So was searching online if there is some other unit in which I can insert a Sim card, and track the car location and would also provide me with a history.

@Gaurav, how do you manage to install this on phones that belong to an individual and not the company. Also, by turning  off 4g can the tracking stop. 

@WiLfY, interesting option to try out

It was pretty straight forward, that you download and install the app and let them join your circle so that circle members can see each other location. This app is primarily for tracking the family members, but it worked great with informed users that everyday morning they need to check-in while starting and at the end of the shift they can turn off the app. Yes, it needs constant 3G/4G, location and wifi switched on for better accuracy.

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Something like this. Just pop a sim in and away you go

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Car-Vehicle-Motorcycle-GSM-GPS-Tracker-Locator-Global-Real-Time-Tracking-Device/232330069435?epid=853903004&hash=item3617f385bb:g:E5kAAOSwtGlZEst~

I know a guy who used one to catch his wife cheating on him. 

You can get magnetic ones too. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/TKSTAR-tk905-Car-Vehicle-GPS-Car-GSM-Magnet-Hidden-Spy-Waterproof-Tracker/323276976475?hash=item4b44cf315b:g:F2cAAOSwcklZjXOG

Popular with car thiefs in the UK. They go around the shows, see something they like then stick the magnetic tracker under the car somewhere. Then they can see where the car is kept at night and go steal it when it’s quiet. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes there is a box type thing with a antenna which gets ground and b+ from car and you have to put sim in it then on a website you can track it and where there is no signal it just records to a memory then later on updates the time line where it had been....I had seen it while dismantling a Lc dashboard for a/c work...

It depends the use. I would separate them in. 2 categories: 

1-Monitoring: Constantly receiving data and extra features, this requires to be connected from the internet, so the car sends with the use of data, constantly the location to a portal, and the other person is logged into a website. I think this requires annual fee but small usually. In this case i would recommend what the other said, about putting a phone in tbe car. 

2-Antitheft: This type doesn’t send all the time information and its not based on data but on sms, it has its own gps antenna and if requested it sends the X and Y on the map with an sms, the other difference is conected with the car harness. 

-firstly its hidden and difficult to access

-it is connected with the doors, so when its armed and someone opens the door you get sms 

-it is connected with fuel pump, in case the car is stolen you can send sms to switch it off so even if they have gps antenna blockers at least you can stop the car, ps it stopps once it reach below 20kmh, it wont stop it in highway.

-it has the option to be connected with the car alarm/siren but i dont do it, its better to surprise them. 

I used to install the second type when i was back home. But in dubai no need. 

• Like (+1) 1