•  
Advertise here

Pajero Diff locker?

4 minutes ago, skumar83 said:

@Barry, I think while offroading a proper locker would be better than a LSD at anytime. Correct me if I am wrong

Yes and no. Just my personal opinion.  Im not an off reader, just speaking from racing experience. A locked diff is always locked which does the job it’s supposed to do. A proper 2 way LSD doesn’t fully lock up, maybe 95% lock, but it’s better than nothing. Minimal slip on acceleration, minimal slip on deceleration. Would be better than nothing. 

Just now, Barry said:

Yes and no. Just my personal opinion.  Im not an off roader, just speaking from racing experience. A locked diff is always locked which does the job it’s supposed to do. A proper 2 way LSD doesn’t fully lock up, maybe 95% lock, but it’s better than nothing. Minimal slip on acceleration, minimal slip on deceleration. Would be better than nothing. 

5 hours ago, skumar83 said:

and with a SWB if possible...also try to stay away from the 2009 - 2013 models. These models had an unusual problem of automatic upshifting on tiptronic from 1st to 2nd gear I have heard that post 2014 or 2015 this issue was resolved.

It also happens in 2008 model when Engine rpm crosses 6500 rpm. You can get anything done in a Pajero once you know how to handle it. I'm still learning.. :)

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Gaurav said:

I had LSD (Limited Slip Differential) in my LC100 and 8 out of 10 times it failed in self-recovery.

I have rear diff lock in Pajero and 9 out of 10 times it works GREAT in self-recoveries even in some cresting positions

Yes exactly, crested , self recovery by  diff lock this Friday 

4 hours ago, Frederic Nuyttens said:

It’s a bit strange. The 2008 LWB gold edition I bought for my wife is a 3.8 but without rear diff lock option. Apparently that gold edition was made for Qatar market mainly according to the seller but I haven’t seen that confirmed somewhere. The Pajeros in other countries got their rear diff lock replaced by LSD and other electronic gadgets from what I’ve read. 

Just search maybe diff lock button moves on the other place, is there rear diff lock sign on dashboard? 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hossein said:

is there rear diff lock sign on dashboard? 

Yes...you will see a circle dot illuminate on the 4x4 indication near the speedometer. It happens only on 4LLc and when you select the rear difflock.

11 minutes ago, WiLfY said:

You can get anything done in a Pajero once you know how to handle it. I'm still learning.. :)

I tried but failed and in complete frustration I bought the XJ and to be doubly sure that there will be no upshifting I went for a manual. 😁

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

4 hours ago, hossein said:

Yes exactly, crested , self recovery by  diff lock this Friday 

Just search maybe diff lock button moves on the other place, is there rear diff lock sign on dashboard? 

Nope no rear diff lock button on the dashboard at all. 

• Sad (0) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

19 minutes ago, Per A said:

Any one who has the rear locker?

Please take a picture of the button and post it here so i know what im looking for.

/Per

I will post in the evening

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

21 minutes ago, Per A said:

Any one who has the rear locker?

Please take a picture of the button and post it here so i know what im looking for.

/Per

which model is your car?

12 minutes ago, Per A said:

Found a picture on the below site.

Its for a different engine but the button is there, hopefully they font move the button

https://www.cars.co.za/motoring_news/mitsubishi-pajero-5-door-32-di-d-gls-legend-ii-2016-review/42704/

/Per

yes right there beside seat warmer button