•  
Advertise here

ABS light is on.

As its a safety issue that is suppose to be handled by a professional its advisable to get your car checked with a specially that may indicate fault in the air bag or seat belts or brakes or even traction control.

there are very good mechanics in both Dubai and in Deira which can help you with this.

all the best

• 3 weeks later...

Always start with checking fuses, loose wiring and sockets and then visit a mechanic. Recently i fix some wire under driver seat properly and ABS light went off, which used to come sometiem and then on every restart goes away and and again come back aftre 15 -20 misn of driving.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

On a side note for ABS in general. If it is an isolated event, I wouldn't worry about it much. If it goes on then off and cycles every so often, then it's some sort of an issue that should be handled properly. 

I would recommend getting a OBD-II scanner that has live data streaming and ABS capability. From my experience, in hot places, the abs wire seems to get brittle and breaks around the control arm on the front wheels. This isn't too bad and it takes a little bit of time to look. Again if you're able to get the abs scanner, it will give you a better idea where to look.

Also on a note for general. If you get a scanner, and you notice that you have a list of codes, both stored and active, clear them out. No kidding, clear them out. After that, drive the car around as you would normally. This will cause the computer to send the code back to the scanner for you to see. The reason to do this, is to clear any "false" codes that the first one initially created.

ABS stands for Advance Braking System, and any goof up in braking mechanism only throws this light to be switched on. It's a serious light and not to be ignored as your normal braking will be fine but hard braking in emergency might result in slipping than ABS assisted braking response, that locks and unlock wheel every fraction of second to decrease braking distance and increase the efficiency of braking in emergency. Brakes without ABS will 100% lock the wheel and result in slippage that will increase the braking distance by twice and result in sure shot impact.