•  
Advertise here

How to bleed Chevy Avalanche brakes?

Hi folks, nice forum in Dubai for Chevrolet owners.

From quite sometime my brake pedal is little spongy at times and get softer while hard braking.

So my friend suggested that i have to bleed brakes before i change them. Is it really gonna work???

And can someone please tell me how to do that, with the required procedure for Chevrolet Avalanche 2008 Model GCC specs with 70,000 kms on the clock.

Bleedin work will help in this case, hoping the master cyclinder isnt weak.

For bleeding brakes you need two people. Top upbrake fluid canister in engine bay to FULL. Then open one wheel remove brake pad and reach to the brake cylinder. Behind the brake cylinder there is small feeder nipple with hose. Remove the hose and direct towards empty container to be ready to collect the brake fluid. Tell other person sitting on wheel to slowly press the brake pedal FULLY and do this 5 - 6 times.

Initially you will see some air bubble and brake fluid coming out of that hose which you are draining into empty container. After 5-6 pump you will see the brake fluid only. Continue this brake pedal pumping proicess untill you see only brake fluid coming.

Repeat above steps foir all tires.

• 1 year later...