•  
Advertise here

HOLD Light Continously Blinking

Hi Optra Chevy Team,

I have a 2007 Chevy Optra 2007 1.8 LT. When i am shifting to REVERSE gear sometimes HOLD will come in the dashboard & continuously blinking. Once this happened & shift gear to DRIVE then the gearbox will Jerk. Then it runs like it's stuck into 3rd or 4th gear with difficult in acceleration. Do you have idea guys why this is happening & what is to be done? There's no more warranty. Hope there's solution if i bring to Service centre, hope this would not cost a lot.

Thanks Guys and i am waiting for your expertise reply.A

• Like (+1) 1

Just so as you know, we arent from chevy team. We are owners like u are.

What i can guess is this must be happening when u slow down car and before coming to complete halt u engage the reverse gear. Its an indication to tell you to hold that gear is still engaged in fwd motion and you should bring car to zero speed and then shift to reverse. hope it helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Well i dont think its issue of gear lever, it may be a gear solenoid which might be acting funny. Better get it checked and diagnose with someone having chevy computer diagnostic tool and see which fault it points to? These computer check cost about 200dhs but will saves lot of time and money in guess work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...