•  
Advertise here

AC Compressor

Hi, I have an Chevy Epica Model 2007 and it was maintained by Chevy Dealer in Abu Dhabi. I did the 70K service only on 24/07/2012 and the AC Compressor was down on 2nd August. I had given the car to the agent and they are charging around AED.4.2K to replace the compressor and the accessories. My questions are: what is the normal lifetime for an compressor? Do I get the warranty for the replacement? AED.4.2K is reasonable or high? please reply.

Best reards,

SULTHAN.

If car is under warranty then it should be changed free of cost, isnt thats the meaning of warranty. Check with the dealer as wahst there excuse of charging 4200. Thas lot of money. Im sure sure you can get same job done in mussafa in less than half with all original parts.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi, I have an Chevy Epica Model 2007 and it was maintained by Chevy Dealer in Abu Dhabi. I did the 70K service only on 24/07/2012 and the AC Compressor was down on 2nd August. I had given the car to the agent and they are charging around AED.4.2K to replace the compressor and the accessories. My questions are: what is the normal lifetime for an compressor? Do I get the warranty for the replacement? AED.4.2K is reasonable or high? please reply.

Best reards,

SULTHAN.

Hi, did they change the compressor or did you get it done under warranty can you please share you experience.thanks

i buy new AC compressor and change it, i used to go in liberty sharjah but the AC compressor there is very expensive 2100 aed without the service, so i went to the opposite side of sharjah and i found this AMERICAN PARTS shop they have CLASS A(REPLICA) and ORIGINAL (GM) parts so i buy the class a (700 aed) for AC compressor and for the labor is only 400 aed in ajman... take note if you will change your ac compressor change also drier and expansion valve but get the original parts drier will cost 200 and expansion valve is 300... :)

• 4 weeks later...

Best reards,

SULTHAN.

sultan did they charge you finally or was it done under warranty?