•  
Advertise here

2013 Camaro SS

Hi guys,

i was wondering if anyone had test driven the 2013 Chevrolet Camaro SS? I was reading that it is V8-powered with more horsepower ... how different is it exactly from the V6 powered 2013 Camaro ?; since i have had a chance to drive the latter around in UAE.

Some reviews are saying that the new SS is inspired by the 1LE package from Chevrolet's ZL1 along with more goodies like the MyLink infotainment system. Is the price really worth it?

The SS comes with a 6.2L V8 with 426hp (net) and 569Nm of torque compared to the LT that is powered by a 3.6L dual overhead cam V6 engine with 323hp. So I guess it will go the extra with a bigger engine and more HP :)

I would recommend comparing them or talk to a Chevrolet specialized mechanic present with the dealers to get more of an idea behind the nitty gritty of the specs.

But anyhow, you can also check the details over at Chevy's website - http://ae-en.chevroletarabia.com/cars/camaro-coupe/features-specs/options.html

where you can compare them all :)

Hope this helps

Edit - I too haven't had a chance to ride the SS, but have driven the V6 just like you :)