• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aboo Ibraheem wrote:

> fordafford wrote:

> > why is my mechanic saying that spark plugs are the most critical part of

> > the car?

>

> Spark plugs are little devices inside the cylinder that take in high voltage electricity

> at one end and create a spark at the other end. There, the spark ignites the gas

> and air mixture, and the resulting combustion is what ultimately powers the car.

> This service involves removing the old spark plugs and replacing them with new ones.

>

> Should I do this service when it's recommended?

> Yes.

>

> Why do I have to do this?

> At the sparking end of the spark plug is a built-in gap between two or more little

> pieces of metal, called electrodes. When the plug fires, one or more sparks jump

> that gap and a tiny bit of the metal is burned off. This happens hundreds of times

> every minute. Over time, the gap between the metal tips gets too big.

>

> Also, your spark plugs can get fouled, but that would indicate that you have a problem.

>

> What happens if I don't do this?

> Your engine will start to misfire and run poorly, performance will suffer, efficiency

> will decrease and emissions will dramatically increase. Your car may also be difficult

> to start.

you should post this information in general, will help a lot of people if its on a separate post as even i didnt know so much about spark plugs and it clearly shows you have good knowledge with easy to understand english.

cheers

ankit wrote:

>

>

> you should post this information in general, will help a lot of people if its on a

> separate post as even i didnt know so much about spark plugs and it clearly shows you

> have good knowledge with easy to understand english.

> cheers

I JUST COPIED AND PASTED INFO FROM HERE http://www.cartalk.com/content/car-talk-service-advice-spark-plugs

I'M JUST AN AMATEUR WITH LOTS OF KNOWLEDGE GAPS IN CARS ACTUALLY )