•  
Advertise here

4WD switch!

frans

Hey guys ... first of all thanks for the input and your feedback ... i took it in today and the dealership said they have to look into the wiring connected to the 4WD option. They said its most definitely a problem with the wiring - motor problem seldom surface with this kind of a problem. Fingers crossed I hope my car is back to normal when I go pick it up tomorrow!

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone

Will you guys be surprised that there have been no developments on my 4WD ... the problem recurred after I picked my car up in august and I am confused because i dont knw what else could be the problem if it was not the wiring. Last week I had a delegation from China over at the office and the staff took them out to the Al-Hajar mountains for a sightseeing tour. That is where I needed my 4WD but it would just not respond. You are probably aware of the fact that one does not normally need 4WD while driving around the streets of Dubai.

The 4WD transfer case encoder or the motor position sensor or the selector switch may fail and then cause the 4WD mechanism to malfunction. The fault code(s) are stored in the transfer case control module. They will help you determine the exact fault causing the message to be displayed.

Hey guys. I got some bad news. The problem really seems to be worsening now. The vehicle shudders and makes terrible noises. If you play around with the switches the lights start flashing back and forth to different modes. I will have to make an appointment with Al tayer pretty soon. It seems like the truck has a mind of its own at times. God help me.