•  
Advertise here

Why are my brakes squealing?

Hello there!

The brakes on my accord make a squealing noise which is very annoying. you can hear it very clearly even if you apply the brakes lightly at low speeds. its not running low on brake fluid either. I guess it was all that speeding on the roads of Dubai ! ... i am really concerned about it so can anyone shed some light on this problem? is it something serious?

hey there ...

which brand of brake fluid are you using? and also ... whats the tyre size u have on? make sure it is compatible with the rim size. A friend of mine had the same problem once so he got new tires and the noise just went away all of a sudden.

the squealing noise is caused by high-frequency vibration of the brake pads against the rotating brake disc. Under average braking conditions, some brake noise is normal and cannot be eliminated as vibration is the unavoidable result of friction generated by the pads. this basically happens because the caliper clamps them against the rotating disc.

c'mon mate ...i can believe the vibration part but not the noise theory. The level of vibration is directly affected by the temperature outside and the humidity. The road conditions (mud, dust and road salt) and the condition or thickness of the brake pad material are also important. If the squealing noise is abnormally loud, have the brakes inspected and checked for pad wear.