•  
Advertise here

MAF sensor?

irani

I can let you in the process but its best that you leave it to the professionals. One of my friends tried it and got to the point of disconnecting (easy term) everything but was not able to put everything back together. just be careful and know what you are getting into.

Park ur car and make sure that it has cooled down.

open the hood and look for the MAF sensor, i dont know about accords but it should be near your air filter and air flow system. see if you can ask someone about it. focus on the air intake side of the engine which should be behind the air box. more info should be present in ur car's manual.

Remove wiring harness and disconnect the sensor. you will have to look for screws to remove it along with the hose clamps. once done it can be removed easily. You might need to use force.

Purchase a MAF sensor cleaner beforehand. my other brothers on this forum might be able to help you with where you can find some. spray it outside, inside and the plug area thoroughly and use a clean cloth to wipe off the dirt. you might notice a visible difference once its completely clean.

Remount, hookup the wiring harness, screws, etc. You will be good to go.

Thanks for being honest with me ... I completely understand your point of view and also great job on giving such a long description. I know where the MAF sensor is located but just didn't know its functionality in details and how cleaning it was important from time to time. Any other sensors that should be given such an importance? I cant believe that i have been driving cars for such a long time and never had any interest about improving their running.