•  
Advertise here

Can I replace the fog light lenses?

chris

The fog light lenses on my Audi A3 are cloudy. I really don't want to purchase the entire assembly so I hope I can just pop the lenses off and replace them. Can I replace the lenses or do I have to purchase the entire assembly?

You cannot replace the lens as its part of whole assembly.

But hey i can offer you cheaper solution. Go to ACE hardware and buy forumal 1 scracth out liquid (15 AED). Apply on lens in circular manner and leave it to fade and dry. Once dried keep scrubbing and remove dry compound and lens will be clear as diamond.

In some cases on internet forum, i have read people used a toothpaste instead of compound and appreciated the result, i have never tested that but there is no harm in trying. Try and let everyone know if it works?

• 1 month later...
You cannot replace the lens as its part of whole assembly.

But hey i can offer you cheaper solution. Go to ACE hardware and buy forumal 1 scracth out liquid (15 AED). Apply on lens in circular manner and leave it to fade and dry. Once dried keep scrubbing and remove dry compound and lens will be clear as diamond.

In some cases on internet forum, i have read people used a toothpaste instead of compound and appreciated the result, i have never tested that but there is no harm in trying. Try and let everyone know if it works?

i have heard too that people use toothpaste isint it fully how this one thing is used in so many ways.