•  
Advertise here

A6 3.2 2006 engine repair: head gasket, cylinder head

Hi There,

Anybody changed a head gasket or cylinder head before?

Looking for a garage that has done this before on a 2006 A6 3.2 engine with 180k km.

History:

At 110K, loosing coolant with no leaks. It was tested by Nabooda and they did a pressure test with no leaks found.

Around 110-115, the car was stuttering during acceleration and also rough idling from time to time. Switching off/on used to solve it. Took it to Nabooda and nothing was found.

Now at 180k, it happens almost all the time. . It used to happen from time to time but now almost all the time.

Took the car to Nabooda and i have low compression in cylinder 4 and 5 along with some water found inside. Might require a head gasket, cylinder head or even a complete engine. The only way to find is to open the engine and they are pricy.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

There are Audi workshop in al quoz and rashidiya. (VIP german garage) or go to 2-3 workshop and decide on what all they say. You can find some garage from business listing section here. Doing it with Nabooda or outside is ur personal choice.

You just need head gasket change and no need to change the head, as facing the head can cure lot of problem and any good lathe (turning) workshop can face the head in less than 500 dhs. Facing the head is also advisable as you had head gasket leak and coolant / water seepage corrode the engine head and make all sort of same drama again if you dont face the head. If head is gone beyond repairing stage then also turning workshop usually inform you back, in that case you better off plonking used engine than changing the head as that will be too pricey. Good luck with your Audi, share the experience here and let me know if you need more technical advises. I am engine loving guy, but hate electronics.