•  
Advertise here

A4 Turbo or Non Turbo?

Hi Folks, I am planning to buy Audi A4 model may be 2004-2006 year depending on clean car and affordability. I am really confused on choice to make between 1.8 Liter Turbo or 2.0 Liter FSI (naturally aspirated engine) in terms of engine life, maintenance with this age of 8+ years older car. I like to hear some plus and minus for both models (if any) or they both are equally good/worst??? Thanks for reading and advising. I am waiting.

For more than 5 year old model i will advise for non turbo version, because in 5 + years turbo is close to its finishing age and prone to throw lot of problems, expensive maintenance and troubleshooting. If you want more powerful option then you can consider 3 liter engine version that might cost an inch extra but deliver great power gains compare to 2 liter variant.

• 1 month later...

I advise to go with Turbo version, as its more fun to drive and very reliable too if maintained right. Only thing to take care in any turbo car that one should get the oil service in time and put the right octane fuel all the time. 2.0 Turbo are having more chances of modification as compare to 3.2 (NA). 90% of turbo failure is traced to bad owner maintenance and not the Audi problem. If you get the car with full service history from dealer or from known reputed workshop you can trust the past.

With 2.0 turbo you will also get better fuel mileage and it runs light on nose as little engine is sitting than V6 (heavy one). In Audi some engine burn oil and some doesn't due to driving style and past ownership, so ask the owner if he add little oil in turbo engine every 1000-2000 kms before buy. If you have a chance to choose then go with the owner who don't add oil in between service means that its less pushed car. However there is nothing wrong with other one, but just telling you to how to compare and choose if given being a choice.

• 2 weeks later...