•  
Advertise here

Linked problems?

imran

Hello everyone I have been struggling with a couple of problems lately with my A3.

- The one-touch stopped working

- The hatch button doesn't operate if the door is more than halfway open

- The key fob stopped working, even tried changing the batteries

- When the doors are closed, the door open light comes on over and over again

- Interior lights are malfunctioning/the do not turn off even when the doors are closed.

I know I will be taking it to the Al Nabooda Autos but I wanted to ask if these problems could possible be linked to each other. I have not tried resetting the car ... do you think that will fix the problem?

Sounds like a problem with the wiring harness. you might want to look out for bent or cut wires. Its kind of an easy fix but you need to have some prior knowledge. I had a friend fix mine a couple of years ago since he used to fix up these kind of issues on his own and saved up a lot of money.

For starters just see if you can find any damaged wires or cut ones ... reconnect them and tape them up and see if your issues are fixed. Also do a re-connect of the battery just in case (for your interior lights and dash lights problem)

Hi, i noticed that I am having two of the problems mentioned over here, ie, my one-touch works normally but once in a while the windows stop mid-way. Also I have to operate the hatch button twice in order for it to work. Can anyone tell me what the wiring harness is? where is it located and how can i get to it in order to see if it is damaged or something. Are there any other supporting solutions for this?

thanks buddies.

Hi Rashid

Your window have anti-trap which means once motor sense a resistance it holds or stop or open down so from time to time it requires calibration specially after changing battery so you have to do it manually by pressing on window switch to open completely and keep pressing open for 10 to 15 seconds and the same with closing some times in all windows and some times not if calibration is not working so you have an issue in this window motor inside the door.

and regarding the hatch if you talking about the key fob button that is the normal (1 push release the look and you can use the hatch handle 2 pushes open the hatch)

Good Luck