•  
Advertise here

Smoke from A4

Hi Guys

My name is Danish and i own Audi a$ from 3 years now. These days, I am experiencing smoke coming out of the engine. I dont know what's the cause. Please reply if anyone had a same problem and what you did about the same.

Hi Danish. The reason why smoke comes out of the engine is when oil starts to burn. And it happens when Valve cover gaskets starts leaking. When the gaskets leak down, it goes onto exhaust manifold and burns the oil. You need to take your car to the service center and stop the leaking. Don't try to stop the leak on your own as you may hurt yourself. So take it to a professional asap.

Its actually a serious problem in a car. And take my suggestion, don't waste too much time and take your car to the service center as soon as possible. Frankly, I faced the same problem but i was really lazy to take my car to the service center. It all started with absence of coolant in my car. And when I actually took my car to the center, i ended up loosing my pocket. And yes, as Humair advised, don't try to fix it on your own. I tried that, and my hand got burned badly. So my friend, before the exhaust gets completely damaged, take your car to the service center.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you guys for your replies. I took my car to my friend's garage, and he told me the same. If informed that the coolant level went really down and that's why the engine was getting overheated. But nothing was damaged in the engine as there was no leak. I suppose i took my car to the workshop at a right time. Thanks to you guys!