•  
Advertise here

what are the owners review for JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE 2011

I'm interested in buying grand Cherokee 2012 ,please let me know how is the vehicle ? Does it have any trouble , how high is the maintenance . what would be the average maintenance cost of JGC IN Dubai .please share your experience .

awaiting your response

• 1 month later...

I have an interest too, in purchasing the 2012 version. It would be appreciable if current owners could provide guidance from their experience and usage on the pricing, maintenance and resale value. It's obvious that performance review is not required since we already know it's one swell of a vehicle!

• 1 month later...

Hi Michelbr,

Thanks for the reponse although late. Not your fault in anyway. But, I settled for a Honda Pilot. It's drive is as smooth as cutting through butter. Family seating space was my priority as it is an 8 seater. Moreover I understand the Jeep is an excellent off-roader but not quite as smooth on the road. What is your opinion and experience on that?

• 5 months later...

Guys please be careful with going only on external appearances and marketing techniques (I am not implying first drives by auto magazines as they get only a first impression and not a long term view). I bought a Jeep Grand Cherokee (Limited) 2011 in July 2011 and was very impressed by it.

Unfortunately it has lived to its reputation of very poor reliability. I have been experiencing software and GPS issues from day one. The pad of the parking break came off in 5 months’ time and Trading Enterprises said it was not under warranty and I had to pay for it. I took the vehicle on an Oman trip (no off-roading and I have never used it for off-roading) around 6 months after buying the car and it wouldn’t start after doing an uphill (again on good tarred road.)I had taken it to Trading Enterprises and they said everything is ok (I had already posted about this in this forum a few months back). Now the vehicle has developed some engine issues as the Engine fault light (also called as MIL (Malfunction Indicator Light)) comes on. I cannot understand how a new vehicle can have so many issues?

The Trading Enterprises technicians cannot seem to find what the issue is with and have reset the computers so that the MIL light goes off. Yesterday the light came back on. Worst of all is I am left without a vehicle for all these days and they refuse to give a spare vehicle. I had also called Chrysler Middle East who promised to get back on the issue but with no luck (they did not even call back).

I even searched the net on the same and came across lots of negative feedback on Jeep GC (the new model) at American forums where they are more transparent. To all aspiring Jeep owners, my suggestion is to do a research on the net before buying this vehicle. I really wish reliability issues were brought up so that other buyers are not caught off-guard after shelling out so much money for a product that only looks good. Another warning; please do not go by what the sales persons at the Trading Enterprises say as they are extremely economical in the “truthfulness” area. I honestly regret for not having gone for a Pajero or a Japanese car. This is the first time I ventured for an American vehicle and I consider it the biggest follies of my life (by the way I used to own a Pajero which I sold to buy the Jeep).