•  
Advertise here

2010 BMW 1-Series Review

The 1 Series is the most affordable car in BMW range and was designed to attract young buyers to the premium brand.

While the 1 Series family spawns a range of body styles internationally including a three-door and five-door hatchback, in the UAE only the two-door coupe and convertible cars are available.

Introduced in 2004, the compact 1 Series shares a lot of components with the 3 Series including the chassis, rear-wheel drive configuration, a 50:50 weight balance and powertrain options.

Despite the car’s controversial looks and compact proportions the 1 Series feels like a proper BMW inside out and like all BMWs was designed with performance in mind. The top-end 2010 135i Coupe and convertible are powered by a straight-six, twin-turbocharged 3.0-litre engine with 302bhp, which lends them a performance edge.

BMW boasts of a 0 to 100kph acceleration in less than five seconds and a top speed of 250kph for the 135i Coupe. The 1 Series is also said to be frugal when it comes to fuel consumption, primarily because of its light weight.

The interior is typically BMW, well laid out and built with quality materials. Owing to the compact size the 1 Series has a cramped backseat and is best used by two adults with a couple of children at the back at best. The coupe has 370 litres of boot space while the convertible’s folding fabric roof eats into its luggage space leaving only 240 litres.

The base 120i convertible costs 135,000AED while the 135i convertible is the most expensive model in the 1 Series range and will set buyers back 200,000AED.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-bmw-1-series/

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...