•  
Advertise here

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 3.5" Lift and New Tires

Hello Everyone!

Does anyone know where to get a 4" lift kit for 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee?

Any place recommended where to do the install too? Please include costs too.

I tried Icon Auto garage, but they say they have a huggeeee waiting period of 1-2 months.

Please also advice if any other mods will have to be done with a 4" lift, like steering stabilization or brake line extension.

UPDATE: Changed title to 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee - 3.5" Lift and New Cooper Tires

• Like (+1) 1

You can try Robbies Motorsport they are very good in such type of Mod, and i think with 4" lift you definetly need to correct the drive shaft geomatery like adding some spacer to lower it. Better let the professional see and comment. Steering stabilizer always better and help for such offroad beast if you are building. Brake line extension i dont think so its really needed here.

Also look into installing front shield under the radiator area, as thats the place get beaten up first and small bump lift the radiator up or touch the radiator shroud with fan. Happen twice with my friends.

For lift kit i would advise Ranchos is the best, go for the one that is adjustable so that you dont loose out on on-road comfort.

Secondly may whatver happen dont install exhaust, air filter, headers, cam etc that makes its stock noise any louder as Sharjah police is looking for such ride and confiscating them for forever. I just removed my exhaust and turned to stock state, as no matter i live in Dubai but we all go to playing in shj sands most of the time.

Thanks for the reply Hashim.

Would you happen to know what would be the related costs for these mods too?

What would be the ideal height to maintain so that we do not loose on road smoothness?

My main intent is to increase the ride height by a 3 or 4 inches.. And still keep the on road comfort I just bought a whole set of Bridgestone all terrain tires so I wouldnt be looking at changing those either... Not sure if I would take it rock climbing any time soon but it's always good to be prepared for it!

Sorry for the noob questions... It's a learning curve :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Albaloushi for sharing that contact.

I went with Robbies motorsports, and glad I did. Their approach is really professional and they really sound like they know what they are doing.

Here are the mods they recommended + costs -

1. 40mm Ironman Suspension Shocks and Springs - AED 3000

2. 2" Budget Boost Lift - Purchased Online - AED 510

3. 1.5" Wheel Spacers - Purchased Online - AED 800

+ labor cost - AED 1200

Attached are some pics of how it looks now. I really like the outcome. Overall, its around 3.6" lift and 3" sideways. Attached are some pics.

Now here are my issues -

1. Problems that were there earlier are now amplified with the lift. There is a loud humming sound thats coming from the front (possibly the differential) that is quite annoying.

2. The ride noise increased significantly. Break in AeroDynamic-ness of the car because the wheels are more towards the sides now?

3. Steering makes a grinding noise when turned all the way to the left or right. Steering rattles when going over uneven roads.

They have ordered for Steering stablizer, but its taking a bit of time to arrive. Anyone else faced issues like these?

Overall I feel the ride is more rough and cranky now. Needs a bit of fine tuning but not sure which direction to take.

post-555-140418054733_thumb.jpg

post-555-140418054719_thumb.jpg

post-555-140418054703_thumb.jpg

Other mods done -

CCFL Headlights + Angel Eyes

Bullet style Taillights

Chrome Hummer Style Grill (I know its a bit too much) :)

Chrome Handle Covers (A bit cheezy)

• Like (+1) 1

After spending 5500 at Robbies you still have rough and cranky ride.

You should speak to Albert their and ask him to fix it or atleast offer a solution to fix this. Stabilizer ordering is good, its muhc needed with this much lift.

Diff noise is not normal and not nice, you might have some long bill coming soon if drive shaft hasnt been lower to match diff angle.

I doubt your tires too. It looks u r running Dunlop Grandtrek or Bridgestone.....! Get the new set of shoes, may be little bit more wider this time as you have enough room to strecth now. It will add more stability too.

BTW, your ride looks really cool now. Drive safe.

• Like (+1) 1