•  
Advertise here

2010 BMW 6-Series Review

The BMW 6 Series is a premium grand tourer, launched back in 2004.

Since then it has been through a few facelifts and engine upgrades with the most major ones introduced in the 2008 model. However, what was once considered an avant-garde design has begun to age and BMW is working at introducing the next-generation 6 Series in 2011.

The current 6 Series still manages to grab plenty of attention with its aggressive looks and predatory stance. It comes in two shapes; coupe and convertible, both with two-doors and 2+2 seating. The range consists of the 630i and 650i both of which are rear-wheel drive. While an inline six-cylinder 3.0-litre engine powers the 630i, the 650i enjoys a 4.8-litre V8 with 360bhp on tap.

Based on the 5 Series sedan’s chassis, the 6 Series is known to be a driver’s car with good dynamics aided by its low ride height, favourable weight balance and a taut suspension. For the performance minded, the M6 coupe and convertible both feature a naturally aspirated 5.0-litre V10 engine, which belts out 500bhp.

Standard equipment on the 650i coupe includes 18-inch alloy wheels, hill holder (manual transmission), adaptive xenon headlights, auto wipers, parking sensors, a panoramic sunroof, power front seats with driver memory, leather upholstery, dual-zone climate control, iDrive interface with navigation, Bluetooth and an eight-speaker stereo. The convertible boasts of powered soft-top and sun-reflective leather upholstery, which helps keep the interior cool when the top is down.

Despite the kit the interiors seem dated and stark when compared with BMW’s more modern cars. The 6 Series however does have inherent strengths like its roomy interiors and relatively spacious boot, which make it a true grand tourer.

SOURCE: http://automiddleeast.com/2010-bmw-6-series/