•  
Advertise here

My Jeep Grand Cherokee 2005

Hi,

I am looking for some advice.

I have a 4.7ltr Limited that i had bought from Automall 5 years back in great condition. Having driven it for 5 years and about 90,000 km, it has developed some issues such as

1. Ac has collapsed and I need to change the evaporator and expansion valve.

2. Front control arms on the suspension need to be replaced.

I checked with Offroad zone who quoted upper control arms and Icon that have quoted lower control arms. I am wondering which one of the two is correct? And what should i do next!!!

When i tried explorijg the possibility of selling the vehicle, i was quoted a shocking price of about 25k! Its a lovely vehicle except for the above repairs that need to be made. So i have decided to go for quality repairs at a good garage.

Any suggestions or advice would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

Sachin

050 4250440

I have a 2004 JGC. I have replaced the control arms and shocks too, but I bought them online and just installed them here.

Here are the prices that worked out for me -

Iron Man Shocks + Springs = AED 3000 + AED 1200 (labor)

Front Adjustable COntrol Arms = $179.95 - roughly AED 600-800 including shipping

Adjustable Front Track Bar = $129.95 - roughly AED 500-600 including shipping

Installation Labor for Control Arm + TrackBar = AED 1000

AC Evaporator Change + Labor = AED 2650

Hope this helps.

Cheers, Josh

No I meant Evaporator. This is under the front dash board, so they always have the reason saying "Oh its a lot of labor time... you have to take out the entire front dashboard carefully to get to the AC evaporator". The part by itself they charged me around AED1700-ish I believe. The rest was for labor.