•  
Advertise here

Please recommend a cost effective but good Jeep Garage

I have just bought a 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport and took it to the Dealer Service (Trading Enterprises). They have come back with a list of repairs and quoted me a very large figure.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP/DIRECT ME TO A COST EFFECTIVE BUT RELIABLE JEEP GARAGE IN DUBAI OR SHARJAH? I WOULD PREFER SOMEONE YOU GUYS HAVE WORKED WITH.

PLEASE HELP

Regards

Vinu

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm driving a 1997 Wrangler and obviously things need fixing here and there. I am very happy with the expertise of JAS garage in Al Quoz. Great service, honest prices (a lot cheaper then most of the better know garages out there) and they're not out there trying to fix stuff that doesn't need fixing at all (unlike some of the others)

I use Shakeel in Umm Ramool. It looks 3rd World, but he knows jeeps inside out and has done good work for me. If you have a list of things that need fixing, then perfect - he works best that way. It's not too organised so you have to be patient and have a little faith! ;) When my transmission hose went - I was charged close to 1000 AED by Jeepers for a refill and new hose. 3 months later, same problem - charged 250 AED by Shakeel. Oil Sensor - 50 AED. New Radiator -500 AED (I think). PM if you want his no (English is ok but not great).

It's in the Al Suwaidi Workshop - but there's about 20 different workshops there! His is in the enclosed area (big green sign at entrance). Best thing to do is to head there (I can share GPS tomorrow - travelling at moment) and just ask where Shakeel's shop is.

Shakeel in Umm Ramool is the best I have known for jeeps, i got my 1993 jeep wrangler fixed there, before been to many places but was not satisfied. Shakeel was recommended by one of our offroader Mr. Saad Bhai.