•  
Advertise here

Jeep compromised

Hey guys,

my wrangler has been in the bare hands of my little brother and has been running under heavy load & hard acceleration. Now my jeep is not accelerating .. its almost surprising what he was able to do with my jeep .. I am officially freaked out because only the rpms needle moves and my jeep is either moving really slow or it just stays stationary at times. Whatt happened here?

Apparently, this is seen as a very common problem among the wranglers. Sad but true although I don't know of any wrangler owner who has complained about this problem as such. Fir starters you can have your spark plugs changed. You might also have to get your injectors cleaned up by a fuel system flush. Just to be sure before you get started on your wrangler you should recreate this problem in front of a mechanic in order to diagnose it properly. Whoever is working on your jeep must know the point at which your jeep does not accelerate any further.

Let me tell you that will make your day ... A cheaper and a quicker fix to your problem is to have the clogged catalytic converter looked into. That was certainly how I got my jeep accelerating back again to normal. Secondly, you might want to get your clutch checked as well. Mine was burnt by the converter ... or at least this is what the mechanic told me :s

after reading the problem the first thing that came to MY mind was the transmission and its surprising that I cant seem to understand what the rest of the guys are saying ... wow I really need to read into this and increase my know-how about Jeeps and their systems! Wish I could help you out. how about by wishing you luck ;)