•  
Advertise here

soft top leakage quick fix!

Hi all, i own a jeep wrangler and my soft top has started leaking ... found that out during a wash .. I am a wash fanatic :D .. any ideas on how I can fix it myself temporarily ?! don't want to spend money on a new soft top plus the hole is tiny from where the leakage is happening! Thanks whoever replies.

Well the most easiest way is to get the small sticker patches from Ace Hardware for fixing air bed and inflatable pool. These stickers comes in different colors and also in transparent type. For the tiny holes you can fix stickers from outside and inside and see if that helps. It should have surely help if its plastic like in air beds and all, but im not sure if it stays well on fabric or not.

Minor leak uh? is it tore from a certain place or do you think that the leak is from the door-frame surrounds? Any one of these things can cause a leak. if the damage is irreparable then you might need to replace the entire soft top. Not a difficult job but a little costly.

Jayd great idea.. small holes can be fixed that way .. stickers hold on perfectly well for a limited period of time and need to be replaced as soon as theyre worn out .. dust and other things really affect the stickiness. Plus the rain season is coming up :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Where is the leak and is it a stock soft top? If you have a soft top from say BestTop you can order replacement fabric, with out ordering the full top. If its a small hole you could patch it, even with just some duct tape. If its around the doors i would check all your seals!