•  
Advertise here

GC check engine light

I was driving my GC this morning and after 10 mints of driving the check engine light came on which came to me as a surprise because my GC was serviced two days ago. The interesting part starts here ... it then turns off and after 5 mints it comes on again. my GC was playing with me like that for two more times and then it finally stayed on. I did some random checks around the engine when i got off but found nothing out of the ordinary. What can i be missing?

Okay ... here's the deal, re-check your engine just to be sure .. otherwise there might be a small thing you overlooked. A friend of

mine had this kind of a problem once. There was nothing wrong and the check engine light seemed to be lit for no good reason.

he struggled for days ... all he had to do was check his gas cap. lol moisture tends to build up under the gas cap and this causes

the check engine light to come up for no reason. All you can do is dry it up with a clean cloth and securely put it back. Worked

for him, hope it does for you too.

Its surprising that the GC engine is sensitive to something like moisture under the gas cap .. which is why the check engine light comes up. If this ever happens to me ... the gas cap is the first thing im checking! easy peasy. i wonder about the people who wouldnt be able to figure it out and would take their jeeps to the dealership ... while all they gotta do is wipe a cap! lol