•  
Advertise here

Desert Performance- Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Hi there;

I am just purchased 2013 V8 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee limited... But never been offloaded and having a doubt if it can handle the desert crossing?

Any one can provide some recommendation? I don't wanna stuck in the desert with it!

thanks;

Hi There,

COngrats on your new ride, its a beast in the desert accompanied by right tire and driver. If you new to desert my strong recommendation to venture out with someone who knows desert driving and fully equipped with desert gears. You are much better off to start learning desert driving in any of the offroad club in dubai. There are plenty of offroad club to join for free: emarat4x4, dubai desert club, arabian offroad, almost 4x4 etc.

Hi Hashim;

Many thanks...

I know that the engine is one of the best and it can carry even another car but my worry is the grand clearance...

I am not really sure if it would be advised to change the tires, which impacts the performance of the car.Currently having 265/50R20 which means I have a limitation to deflate the tires. The service advice me to remove the front and rear plastic bumpers too but it sounds a work to do...

I would like to learn the experienced Grand Cherokee Owners, what i should do/preparations before I drive to desert...

If you like to drive this regular for offroad use then you have to do two things: lift the car with spacer or better change to offroad suspension (3k AED). Second change to thick rubber tire (not low profile) which will give you better sand flotation while deflated.

If you don't like to do this two offroad mod, then drive it very carefully with properly deflated tire to 12-15 psi and avoid hi speed bashing (climb up or down) that will damage the bumper lower lip.

Hi Hashim;

Seems like we are alone to discuss this subject in this forum :)

Many thanks for recommendation, I just checked if there is any certified supplier to lift the car but seems like nothing for new models of Grand Cherokee, I would appreciate if you recommend an online shop therefore i can check through web. And tires are brand new, I dont wanna pay extra for that.

On the other hand ,do you have any videos/pictures during your trip in desert? would you mind to share?

thanks;

For getting lift you can check ramy 4x4 in dEira, Icon auto in szr and robbies in al quoz and tazweed in sharjah. these all are good professional shops for quality work.

Just for your FYI, this is free forum for all so you need to expect variation in response time. Thats how the online forums work. If you want quick response go to dealer and be ready to spend arm and leg for all the quick answer and work. Not to forget 2 weeks wait for getting appointment. lol. ;)

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I also own 5.7 Grand Cherokee (overland - with air suspension).. I am sure that the engine is a beast and will perform excellently in desert (have done a bit). I guess you only need to remove the front air dam for offroading.. If you drive carefully then the car has enough ground clearance to get you through..

Regards

• 7 months later...

Hi I also own a jeep GC laredo 2014. I am also looking for protection at the front side.below the front air dam onwards and below the radiator & condenser. Even though I removed the front air dam during my first desert drive faced problem due to low ground clearance, especially when you go on steep ups and then come down suddenly . Checked online and several shops. did not find any protection skids. Can anybody help