•  
Advertise here

coolant issue

shonaa

the car is getting over heated when i am stuck up in the traffic, so i check the coolant level and it has gone down drastically but i cant see it leaking so i top up the coolant thinking maybe it must have exhausted and kept an eye on the leaks but no leaks found and same thing happened. what do i do

mate, this is serious!

How quickly does the water level drop? Is it days? Hours, mintues? If it's within a few minutes, then there's definitely a big leak somewhere.

If it takes a few days then there are a Couple of things to look out for...

Is there a water puddle forming under your car a few mintues after you park? Usually the fluid colour would be brownish or green if you have coolent in your radiator. If that's the case, it's probably a cracked radiator.

Second, is your car making white smoke? If yes, then there's a gasket leak! Replace Immdiately.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

This is a very serious problem. Maybe there might be a leakage somewhere on your radiator or any of the coolant circulation pipes or your engine cooling fan might not be functioning properly. This causes your car to overheat while you are stuck in traffic and leads to a built up in pressure inside the engine and all your coolant rushes out.

Bring it to my service centre. I can get it diagnosed for you. Since you are a member of this forum I can offer you diagnosis for free and you need to pay only for the repairs. For more information, to book an appointment or to schedule a drop-in log on to www.themechanixdubai.com or call me on 050 3064782. See you soon.

Regards

Midhun Dinesan

Director

The Mechanix Auto Service Centre

• 1 year later...
Hi,

This is a very serious problem. Maybe there might be a leakage somewhere on your radiator or any of the coolant circulation pipes or your engine cooling fan might not be functioning properly. This causes your car to overheat while you are stuck in traffic and leads to a built up in pressure inside the engine and all your coolant rushes out.

Bring it to my service centre. I can get it diagnosed for you. Since you are a member of this forum I can offer you diagnosis for free and you need to pay only for the repairs. For more information, to book an appointment or to schedule a drop-in log on to http://www.themechanixdubai.com or call me on 050 3064782. See you soon.

Regards

Midhun Dinesan

Director

The Mechanix Auto Service Centre

do you give discount to the forum members.