•  
Advertise here

pedal brake or A/T problem?

this morning while i was driving my elantra 2012, i heard a ''tik'' or ''tak'' noise while i press the pedal brake. i can feel the noise through the A/T throttle while i press the brake. the noise is there when i press the pedal brake even in ''P'' mode. i have no clue about the source of noise. the car is moving ok, no probs with acceleration, braking or shifting gears. i have done only just under 7000km. do u have any clue for it?

Its a shift lock noise that appears when car is in Park and you have to press or touch brake pedal to release that lock: Its a safety feature.

This noise DEFINITELY should not come while driving, as that lock is already disengage and thats why you are driving. You should immediately show this flaw to dealer, as it might create some road side break down issue. They might make it look very small due to their work load or for time to honour the warranty, but its related with Gear box so leave no doubt for tommorow when you dont have warranty. Get it fix sooner than later.

Seems like parking lock mechanism is over working in front gears than in reverse.

Like champ mention, its a new so let dealers identify this issue and let them fix it. Dont ignore this on crap talks of some service advisor there.

When you have warranty then even if engine is broke in two pieces, Its not a big problem sir you come tomorrow as we are busy today.

When you dont have warranty every small problem will become big problem and every service you will be paying thousands than few hundreds.