•  
Advertise here

Car Jerks while driving

Hey everyone,

I've had this problem in my Santa Fe 2012 model 2.7 ltr. Whenever I change the gear from Parking to reverse, the car always gives me a jerk and then when I shift to D, it gives a double jerk. This has been going on for past 3 months. After a period of time, the jerks stop and car runs smooth but then again the jerks start all of a sudden. The main thing that concerns me is that the car keeps jerking while driving at 0-100, after that it runs kinda smooth. Give me suggestions as to what the problem might be and what's the best solution.

2012 model having this gear jerk....! Very surprising.

This gear jerk is fault in the gear box or the gear box foundation is broken (too early to break though). I suspect gear issue, and you must show the car to dealer and ask them to fix this under warranty, hope you still have the dealers warranty, by getting car serviced from them. Above 100 kmph speed car runs on top gear and need not to shift up or down and thats why no jerk is felt. From 0-100 car shift 3-4 gears and thats why with every shift or downshift you feel the jerk.

• 2 months later...

this same problem also i have with my elantra 2012 model with about 26,700 km informed the dealer about this but they say after they check on computer diagnostic and they say no problem with the transmission . can u update what the dealer will say regarding your santa fe @ramee.thanks a lot.