•  
Advertise here

Car repair law in UAE

Gud day to everyone is it true that here in UAE you cannot send your car to garage for repair without police report? For I suffer a very small dent on my bumper when I have my car for service they told me they need police report to fix it but the dent is only cause by a grocery trolley as it is my fault and I only damage my car and not somebody else car. It's there a car repair shop who accept repair without police report.what I know is you only need police report when you had an accident and you use your insurance for repair of your car. Can you help me with this.

• 4 weeks later...

You can definitely get some known garage to fix this small dent, but to tell you honestly its illegal to fix like this. What you can do is go to the police station and explain the situation and they will give you red paper that means you fix yourself or if you have comprehensive insurance then they will do it for free.

And go to the nearest police station where you had this incident occur, or else they will not give you the accident report red paper.